Can you recommend me some games for my Mum?

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Street Fighter III: Third Strike.

Or, if she can't get into fighting games, Street Fighter III: Third Strike.

TBman

Oct 31, 2008
have you thought of Homeworld?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrW4jkQdmjI&feature=colike

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
ben---neb said:
So it's my Mum's birthday on Saturday and i was going to get her Stacking, a neat looking puzzle game from Double Fine but the computer she has is very basic and can't run it.

It can run her favorite games: Plants vs Zombies and the Lego games. She also likes Lego Rock Raiders and Settlers 6.

Bearing all this in mind I would appreciate suggestions on games she might like.

She likes games which are not hard, strategy based and fun. She will not play any first person/third person games because she can't handle moving around in 3D. Old games are fine as well, probably preferred because the computer isn't great.
Hm, if she doesn't mind artsy or narrative-based games, how about Bastion or Braid?

Launcelot111

Jan 19, 2012
Some old school Lucasarts adventures are called for here. Monkey Island or Day of the Tentacle?

Also, Chip's Challenge

Baralak

Dec 9, 2009
Look around on GOG. There's bound to be something there to tickle her fancy, and it's all but guaranteed that 90% of the games there will run on her PC, however bad it is.

thegoldenwang

Mar 18, 2010
I would definitely recommend Skylanders: Spyros Adventure. i picked it up recently because I needed something kinda on the easy side to play with my GF. A very worthwhile purchase although you can eat through alot of money with it lol.

Sarahcidal

Jun 1, 2009
If you have a wii I recommend the Trauma series. They're pretty addictive and my friends who dislike gaming even found them enjoyable :)

ben---neb

No duckies...only drowning
Apr 22, 2009
Lilani said:
ben---neb said:
So it's my Mum's birthday on Saturday and i was going to get her Stacking, a neat looking puzzle game from Double Fine but the computer she has is very basic and can't run it.

It can run her favorite games: Plants vs Zombies and the Lego games. She also likes Lego Rock Raiders and Settlers 6.

Bearing all this in mind I would appreciate suggestions on games she might like.

She likes games which are not hard, strategy based and fun. She will not play any first person/third person games because she can't handle moving around in 3D. Old games are fine as well, probably preferred because the computer isn't great.
Hm, if she doesn't mind artsy or narrative-based games, how about Bastion or Braid?
I thought of that but Braid is too 'out there' for her and Bastion is too combat heavy. She did enjoy Super Mario Bros for the DS but even then I had to do the hard jumps for her!

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
If you have a Kinect & Xbox, I bought my mom Zumba fitness for her birthday and half of the time she's on the xbox more than I am. /shrugs.

RhetoricalFish

Jun 23, 2011
ben---neb said:
Lilani said:
ben---neb said:

I thought of that but Braid is too 'out there' for her and Bastion is too combat heavy. She did enjoy Super Mario Bros for the DS but even then I had to do the hard jumps for her!
Although I have no idea if that also falls under the category 'too out there', but what about Limbo? It's intuitive, short and has some really smart puzzles without being too hard.