Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage Discovered

T'Generalissimo

Nov 9, 2008
What I would quite like is a video game of Alien instead of yet another Aliens game. I feel like space marines vs melee aliens is a premise that already has been pretty thoroughly covered. Can we not have a space horror game or two, please?

tautologico

e^(i * pi) + 1 = 0
Apr 5, 2010
Jumwa said:
Leave it to Obsidian to consider a game without textures to be ready to ship.
The video is from an animation reel for an artist's portfolio, it's not an official video for the game, and we have no information about when was this footage produced. The CEO considered the game ready to ship in 2009, when it was cancelled.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
tautologico said:
The video is from an animation reel for an artist's portfolio, it's not an official video for the game, and we have no information about when was this footage produced. The CEO considered the game ready to ship in 2009, when it was cancelled.
I was joking.

Terrible Opinions

Sep 11, 2011
The "ready to ship" bit is something of a misquote. The lead designer himself said that the game was nowhere near finished when it was cancelled.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Jumwa said:
Leave it to Obsidian to consider a game without textures to be ready to ship.
Swing and miss.

Though I'm not sure how well a turn-based RPG would have worked out in the Aliens universe, I'd still love me an Aliens RPG. Preferably an AVP RPG. I'd cum buckets all over that shit.