Cancelled games you wanted

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
Aginor27 post=9.68214.624313 said:
SecretTacoNinja post=9.68214.622100 said:
Is Madworld still on? I thought I heard someone say it was cancelled.
That's just some group in Britain complaining that it's violent. Bunch of whiners if you ask me, if they think it's violent don't buy it. problem solved.

As for me, I remember Dead Phoenix looking interesting. Shame it got canned.
Stupid whiners, if parents are stupid enough to let their kids see that game then they shouldn't be parents in the first place. Still if it was cancelled, it would suck for people like me who can handle game violence.

Lt. Sera

Apr 22, 2008
Dungeon Keeper 3, definitely.

That game series was so much fun and had so much potential to be even better. Some company should really pick up the IP and get cracking.

Scarpy

May 10, 2008
Stargate SG-1: The Alliance.
And Stargate Worlds, I've lost faith in it ever appearing.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
plastic_window post=9.68214.622285 said:
Fangus. It was going to be Oddworld's new game for the Xbox, involving a shepherd who is assaulted by bandits trying to steal his sheep. He goes after them and becomes involved in a big, grand plot encompassing Oddworld itself and something's impending doom as time and rabies eat away at him. Just like everything Oddworld ever made.

Speaking of which, Wikipedia lists like 5 games that Oddworld we're *going* to do but then didn't; instead they made Stranger's Wrath. Some of them sounded truly wonderful, like the story of an albino slig trying to escape infanticide.
Oh yeah I forgot about Fangus! That looked cool too. I really wish they had made Sligstorm (the albino slig one), even if it was going to be really short. I want more Oddworld...

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
SC: Ghost will be missed, but I have always been sad that Project Breakdown was dropped. They made the first in the trilogy, but then just stopped.

SteinFaust

Jun 30, 2008
the COOL Dark Sector. the one in space. with the whole Gray Fox-looking suit that could make itself more heavily muscled at will. so you could fight space marines "located somewhere inside suits of powered armor the size of 4 brick shithouses".

Tich

Aug 13, 2008
I was also looking forward to Stargate: Alliances, it would be a real Stargate game and not some stupid Half Life 2 mod or half arsed unreal map.

I wished Dungeon Keper 3 would've come out since DK2 is so old it occaisonally craps out on a better PC.

Jerakal

Aug 30, 2007
The Call of Cthulhu sequels, Chrono Break, aaaand if we can count games that we wished would be translated, Mother 3.

(Yes I know fans are doing Mother 3 I just wish Nintendo of America would do it.)

Dejawesp

May 5, 2008
I can't think of anything. Does anyone want my wish?

I have never been one to anticipate games. I just visit the game store every now and then and all of a sudden a nice game is for sale.

Meanwhile there are many games I wish they would have made like mayby ten more final fantasy tactics games for the first playstation and ten more X-Com apocalypse followed by beasts & bumpkins 2. Oh and I wish they could make more "Vampire: The Masquerade" games along the path of "Bloodlines" not redemption ofcourse. That was crap.

Agent00abe

Jun 16, 2008
Dejawesp post=9.68214.624525 said:

I have never been one to anticipate games. I just visit the game store every now and then and all of a sudden a nice game is for sale.

Meanwhile there are many games I wish they would have made like mayby ten more final fantasy tactics games for the first playstation and ten more X-Com apocalypse followed by beasts & bumpkins 2. Oh and I wish they could make more "Vampire: The Masquerade" games along the path of "Bloodlines" not redemption ofcourse. That was crap.
Oh yes, more Vampire: the Masquerade. They killed Vampire with the realease of Requiem.
Ofcourse that aint video games but if you even know what the hell I'm talking bout here you'll understand ;)

Earthbound

Aug 13, 2008
Advent Rising 2 & 3. The first game had so much potential. Also, it had a cliffhanger at the end that would make a Halo dev break down in tears. Unfortunately, the company (don't know the name) went bankrupt.

Ixus Illwrath

Feb 9, 2008
ButtonedDownParadox post=9.68214.621759 said:
100 Bullets: I really loved the comic and the game was looking decent.
I thought this was a game? At least, I bought a bootleg in Iraq a few years back labeled 100 Bullets. Some arcade shooter piece of shit, just assumed it was another disgustingly low-budget foreign title made by some hack in Russia or something.

rainer511

Aug 1, 2008
Twelve Tales: Conker 64

The game that turned into Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I was really looking forward to the original, had no interest in the new direction they took it into with Bad Fur Day.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Warcraft Adventures [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gslAG2OEO1c] Y'know, this could have been something great...hell, if they ever made an animated movie or series, I'd watch it. Though, I do realise they did incorporate a lot of the plot into WC3, still...

patente101

Aug 12, 2008
Fear Effect: Inferno. I'm a big fan of the first two games, they were so stylish and they were doing survival horror in a very different way. And well, yes, lesbians.

But seriously, this was going to be the best in the series and they scrapped it. I just hope one day, the series comes back on the PS3. They could do wonders with the art style, considering the graphical power of nowadays consoles.

Dejawesp

May 5, 2008
Agent00abe post=9.68214.624550 said:
Dejawesp post=9.68214.624525 said:

Oh yes, more Vampire: the Masquerade. They killed Vampire with the realease of Requiem.
Ofcourse that aint video games but if you even know what the hell I'm talking bout here you'll understand ;)
Well we can't let white wolf get in the way of making a good game.

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
I heard that they were going to make a first person version of Vectorman (a game I loved as a kid) but chose not to because they felt people would accuse them of ripping off Metroid Prime.

I'm not too sure if its canceled or if they've abandoned the series but, Splatterhouse 4 anyone? Seriously, this series was great (certainly better than what most horror games now seem to deem scary) and without a doubt, mortified me as a child (well done Namco).
Now if only Namco can quit vomiting out Tekken games and actually get to work on something worth making (which will probably have a vomiting creature somewhere).

FreedanZero

Jul 3, 2008
Sam & Max: Freelance Police [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_%26_Max:_Freelance_Police]

True seasons 1 & 2 are awesome, but it would have been nice to see lucasarts go back to their roots instead of 50 million star wars games...

MasterLu

Jun 29, 2008
Team Fortress 2

I cannot believe nobody has mentioned it yet... this was before Team Fortress Classic, mind you. TFC turned out to be crap, still haven't managed to try out the new TF2. I'm afraid it might feel like the original QWTF and then I'm royally screwed and addicted.