Canned Star Wars Game Filled with Darth Maul Villainy

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
josemlopes said:
Nothing reacts like it was actually being hit with a lightsaber, in fact there is barely any game that does that well (Jedy Knight with mods does but then its just so easy since everyone dies with one hit).
To be fair, it was only 8 months in development, they still had time to work on it.

That doesn't negate the other point to your post, though. That being that no SW game has ever had proper light-saber damage.

OT: Guess I'll just have to get by with playing as Darth Maul in BFII.

God, he's obscenely OP in that game too. Kills the fuck outta everything.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Darth Talon? She didn't show up for nearly a hundred and forty years into the future from the point where Maul was a live.
Good. So I'm not the only one who went, "Wait, what?" You are correct. The only Darth Talon I'm familiar with is the one from the Star Wars Legacy comics, and it takes place long after the movies. So either Talon has found the Fountain of Youth and just pretended to go through all the Sith training again, or this would have been a different Talon. Who was female. And probably would have been a Twi'lek. Because reasons. :)

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
silver wolf009 said:
He doesn't really speak in the movie, yeah, but you can only rarely judge a Star Wars character without the Extended Universe. And, yes, there's a lot of cool stuff about Maul from the EU. Like this little phase:

I'd pay to see that in a movie.
That would have been better than the lame Count Doofus fight.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
J Tyran said:
silver wolf009 said:
He doesn't really speak in the movie, yeah, but you can only rarely judge a Star Wars character without the Extended Universe. And, yes, there's a lot of cool stuff about Maul from the EU. Like this little phase:

I'd pay to see that in a movie.
That would have been better than the lame Count Doofus fight.
And as the red and black demon of a man stepped forth from the shadows, he proclaimed...

"I'm the god damn Spider King!!

Ticket purchases were validated, and jaws hit the ground.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I think Darth Maul really was a sick character design and wasn't even given the chance to be a good character. He was not developed and except for visually he was almost completely ignored. Might as well replaced him with a CGI cat. Funny thing about him too was that there are 2 actors being paid for that one small part. One is Ray Park who had semi major role as a knife wielding super fast villain in the 4th season of heroes, and also he is voiced (yes he has 3 lines in the movie and they payed a separate voice actor to voice them!)by Peter Serafinowicz who's name is impossible to spell, and is best known for being Pete in Shaun of the Dead (the 3rd flat mate in the beginning). All this effort makes me wonder if the part wasn't cut down significantly in the final version.

Long story short, I would have loved to play this game...

XDSkyFreak

Mar 2, 2013
Honestly I don't give a shit. Maul looked like a bloody generic sci-fi devil, barely said anything, and even in the godawfull cartoon he was just angst, and pain, and anger, and revenge and for fucks sake you and sasuke should get a room you fucking pansies! For fucks sake you shoot lightning, can deflect bulets and can chop people in half with a magic energy sword! FUCKING SUCK IT UP.
And don't you dare compare this absolute joke with no personality and absolutly generic look for the star wars universe to Vader. For those of you who didn;t get it allow me to explain: Vader was intimitading and scary precisely because he looked like a giant. He looked like a normal human and we know he used to be one, yet the size and the mask made him look like a larger than life beeing, augment by technology (that was what Obi-Wan's line implined, not fucking choped limbs replaced by abnormaly larged implants that would make movement imposible) and the force. He was a force of fucking nature. His voice could freeze your blood in your veins, he had a galaxy conquering army at his back AND THE BEST PART? He knew this! He fucking ACTED LIKE IT. The guy was so chill and calm no matter what happened, he basicaly knows there is just one person who can best him and treats everyone else like you treat a fly just flying in your field of vision. The only time he lost his cool was when he saw his son getting tortured! Vader is the guy who would just take one look at maul then choke the ***** and move on. (side note: this is how much lucas sucks a bag of dicks. vader was turned back to the light side because he loved his son! so what do i do in the prequels? duuuuuuuh .... Jedi can't love, Jedi must control and supres their emotions and feelings. Like that Vader guy did the whole original trilogy ... *proceeds to bang head on keyboard while screaming "I write movie" repetadly*)

And before you complain another star wars game got canceled: hahahahahahahahahahaha you sad, credulous and optimistic people. I'm just going to save you the pain of what is happening to Battlefront 3 right now ... or maybe not. You thought Battlefield 4 was bad and buggy? Then get ready for an extra serving of shit with diarheea on top and a glass of frozen piss when Battlefront 3 comes out. (have a friend who tests the game and he showed me a five minutes session more buggy then the whole of skyrim. least i know not to waste money on that)

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Such a shame. Darth Maul had always been my favorite Sith Lord, if only because of appearances. His duel with Qui-Gonn and Obi-Wan was easily my favorite in the entire saga (even if his death was really cheap), and he had always just come off to me as pretty damned evil, both in looks and personality (what little we see of it anyway). I would have loved to see his character expanded upon, or hell, to just play as him in general.

And no, I did not care much for his role in Clone Wars. That was just way too convoluted for my tastes. I personally liked how he was portrayed in the comic "Old Wounds" better, but I was all right when he was just plain dead. Even if Obi-Wan did cheat.