Can't play the Halo 4 Campaign. Help!

candle

Sep 27, 2012
I bought Halo 4 brand new on launch day, got home, and booted up the campaign. I didn't have too much time, so I shut it off mid-mission during "Requiem." When I went back to play today - my first opportunity to do so - there was no "continue campaign" option on the main menu as I had expected, and selecting "start campaign" ran it from the beginning. No big deal, I thought. I hadn't gotten that far into anyways, and I couldn't remember if i had saved before I quit back on Tuesday.
Every thing seemed to run fine - until I finished "Requiem." I got the cutscene for the mission's end, but then the game booted me back to the Halo 4 title screen. Again with no "continue campaign" option. I went in via mission select and played through the latter half of Requiem again, and again I was booted back to the title screen after completing the mission. Then I tried accessing the next mission, "Forerunner" the same way, and got an error which told me that I didn't have the appropriate DLC installed. An absurd thing to say considering this is the campaign and not multiplayer. Everything should be right on the disc.
I did a little research online, and most people seemed to be saying that this means the disc was bad and to take it back to the retailer. Unfortunately, this is no longer an option for me since I bought the game almost a week ago, and no longer have the receipt. So I tried something else they said might work. I installed the disc 2 content with no problems, but it did nothing to help. I tried installing disc 1 and got a "disc unreadable" error. Obviously that was a no-go. Is there anything else I can do or will i have to break down and buy a new copy of Halo 4? (Which is something I WILL NOT do unless I can get it real cheap. i.e. in 3-4+ years)

vlaton

Nov 12, 2012
I am having the same exact problem :(. Not finding any info on how to fix this either. Any help would be appreciated.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I would go through and try to delete all the Halo 4 data on your harddrive/disk, and clear your data cache. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

You can bring it back to the store and explain the problem to them. Even if you don't have a reciept most of the time they will give you a replacement.

If possible connect to XBL and download any updates.