Capcom Ceases Development On Mega Man Online

Darklupus

Mar 13, 2010
Most of all of the people who worked with Capcom in the beginning went to make their own games. Now, the company seems like a shadow of their former self. And now that shadow looks like cardboard.

Still, maybe Capcom can learn a thing or two from Namco Bandai. They [Namco Bandai] are [is] now obligated to make Tekken X SF.

As for a way for Capcom to get better, the execs have to rekindle their creative spirit, and/or find and hire new creative employees. Hopefully both.

Giyguy

May 3, 2011
Capcom's main issue is that it announces things that doesn't have an absolute certainty that it will be made or not. the games aren't at fault, the PR is, and it's going to kill the company.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Okay, we need at least one megaman title to make it out into the world that isn't an IOS game or port of an NES title in the next half decade. It can be any one of the existing ones or a completely new IP, just let one exist!

...I also miss Breath of Fire. =(

Captcha: Many happy returns...

No captcha, not happy return.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I really can't wait for them to announce Dead Rising 3 and for it to be terrible just so I can never buy another game new by them. I am real tired of their bullshit.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Welp... So much for "big things in store for Megaman's 25th birthday". Guess Megaman X Street Fighter was it, and you didn't even make that.

Dammit, Capcom...

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Earnest Cavalli said:
Plus, at this point, we're pretty sure Capcom's executives subsist entirely on the tears of Mega Man fans. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it; human sadness is delicious.
I am trying them right now. MY OWN! THEY SUCK! :[

Anyway, I'm not entirely surprised. I don't know why I was under the impression the game was already cancelled; I thought it was dropped shortly after they cancelled MML3, which I will never get over it. I'm not upset about the game being dropped; MMOs don't attract me, though I might have given that one a shot. I'm upset about the fact that every Megaman game is being dropped.

Just admit it, Capcom. You hate the Blue Bomber. Denial never helped anyone. Look at us, we're admitting we hate you. It's gonna be fine.