Capcom Ceases Printing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Sarah LeBoeuf

Apr 28, 2011
Capcom Ceases Printing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

Due to a lapsed licensing deal, copies of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom could become very hard to find.

If you've been meaning to pick up a copy of the 2010 fighting game Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars but just haven't gotten around to it, time is running out. Due to Capcom's licensing deal with Tansunoko lapsing, the publisher can no longer sell the Wii game in either physical or digital capacities. According to Capcom Senior Vice President Christian Svensson, it wouldn't resume publishing "unless Japan were to strike a new deal," though he didn't elaborate on whether that would ever be a possibility.

Though Amazon has already stopped selling Tatsunoko vs. Capcom in an official capacity, you may be able to find copies at your local retailers, and GameStop's website [http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/tatsunoko-vs-capcom-ultimate-all-stars/75003] claims to have used copies in stock. Once stores sell through their new copies (if they even have any left), the market for the game will depend entirely on sellers of used copies.

When Marvel vs. Capcom 2 went out of print, the price of used copies of the Xbox, PS2, and Dreamcast version eventually rose far beyond its original retail price. So if you already have a copy of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, you might want to hold on to it, because it could be worth more than you paid for it someday.

Source: Destructoid [http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/11/08/last-call-for-tatsunoko-vs-capcom-ultimate-all-stars/]

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
if ever there was a game that needed an arcade stick, the Wii Fighting controls sucked, and I otherwise enjoy my Wii

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Yeah, I remember the price of MvC2 sky rocketing. Now I know why it happened.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Looks like Capcom is says "That's-u no-go" to Tatsunoko :p
Boooooooooooooo

OT: My copy is steadily collecting dust on my shelf. Might have to put it up on Ebay or something.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Now that was a fun game! It had the excitement and spectacle of a Vs Capcom game but with the bullshit levels under acceptable parameters. Hurricane Polimar was the man.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Damn, I gotta go talk to gigaguy64 about this, he was such a huge fan of it.

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
It's true. MvC2 for the PS2, even pre-owned, sells for $40 at GS.

On the other hand, MvC2 was a good fighting game. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is...okay, but not awesome. And then there's also the fact that to me, it's still awkward to play a fighting game on the Wii. Yes, even Brawl.

So I'm okay with this. Also, random "screw you" to Capcom.