Capcom Doesn't Object to Ace Attorney Theme Park Attraction

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Capcom Doesn't Object to Ace Attorney Theme Park Attraction

Sega and Capcom are teaming up to bring the Ace Attorney series to life in a Japanese theme park.

Theme parks are typically filled with rides and attractions full of children that won't stop yelling and adults just trying to keep them quiet. With the upcoming Ace Attorney [http://www.amazon.com/Phoenix-Wright-Ace-Attorney-Nintendo-DS/dp/B000B69E96/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1296765873&sr=1-3] theme park attraction, the roles might be reversed.

Capcom has joined with Sega to bring Ace Attorney Investigations [http://www.amazon.com/Ace-Attorney-Investigations-Edgeworth-Nintendo-DS/dp/B002BS4834/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1296765428&sr=1-1] to Sega's Tokyo Joypolis theme park in spring 2011. The attraction will feature the series' current star Miles Edgeworth, not Phoenix Wright, as he attempts to solve a crime.

Visitors will take on the role of Edgeworth and must move around a scene to search for clues and collect evidence. A concept image of the attraction shows an office and an attached room with consoles where users will possibly have to put in their hypotheses.

Entry into the Ace Attorney experience will cost ¥600 ($7.35) and it'll last around 20 minutes. It's one place in Joypolis that I would avoid as an employee, because while yelling "Objection!" over and over is something that every visitor should do by law, it would probably become very annoying to hear day after day.

Source: Andriasang [http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/03/ace_attorney_attraction/]

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
Wow, awesome theme park idea. Then again, theme park attractions in Japan tend to be pretty hokey when you actually do get to go... I think the execution would be way better in a North American park, to be honest.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Holy shit is it weird that im currently playing through the 4th case of JFA? (y'know the one with Edgeworth in it)

Best idea for a theme park ever... No Objections!

Oct 14, 2010
Sounds fun, but it feels like Phoenix himself has been getting phased out over the past couple years. I'm dying for something new with him!

Soujiro621

May 10, 2009
While that does sound awesome and if I was there I'd definitely go, I'd still rather play with Phoenix. Really, why does phoenix never get any love anymore? Edgeworth is cool and all, but Phoenix is the star and I love the comedy I get from him much more than Miles.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
Can they please bring this here? Please?

Seriously, though, we need more video game attractions here. Just imagine how cool, say, a Halo ride would be, and how popular it'd become.

Example: ODST drop pods. Goodbye, Tower of Terror.

necronmm

Dec 14, 2010
Awesome! Too bad it will only feature Edgeworth though would be nice to see the other characters showcased as well!

hansari

May 31, 2009
Milk this IP too Capcom...then it join all the others that were once something special...

tycho0042

Jan 27, 2010
DaHero said:
HOLD IT!

Why no Phoenix Wright?
Probably because the edgeworth game was the last one released and it's the easiest to do since it dosen't require "super perception" or a "magic stone" just clues and logic
awkward zombie had a comic about it that makes fun of the whole thing but I couldn't seem to find it

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
tycho0042 said:
DaHero said:
HOLD IT!

Why no Phoenix Wright?
Probably because the edgeworth game was the last one released and it's the easiest to do since it dosen't require "super perception" or a "magic stone" just clues and logic
awkward zombie had a comic about it that makes fun of the whole thing but I couldn't seem to find it
Yeah I'll give you that one, Edgeworth used his head...Phoenix? Well there's a VG Cats comic about that...