Capcom Infusing Ninja Theory With "Action Game Knowhow" For DmC

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
At first I was concerned, but after seeing the gameplay trailer my interest for the game has actually picked up. The only thing of course that is still going to be a possible drag is Dante's character, but as long as the character actually changes over time, evantually becoming the Dante we all know and love, than I think that this can turn out quite well

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Tin Man said:
Not begrudging, I just think far too many people are making a big old fuss over fuck all. I'm not hearing people talking about aesthetics as a whole, I'm hearing people ***** about hair colour and fashion sense and completely ignoring the fact that everything actually solid about the game, points to it being a pretty strong entry. Sorry if you're taking the brunt of that, this is something which has been rubbing me wrongly for a whole now...

As for trading on the license though, I agree that winds me up. They did it with Parasite Eve and the fact that the game was shite was the killer. This could be good, and to be honest as long as the product turns out alright I can overlook the blatant franchise whoring...
Precisely, if it turns out good Im definately gonna buy it and will hopefully be able to overlook that feeling that Im being blatantly manipulated for my money(well more so then normal anyhoo), but Im really not holding my breath- this is another whole can of worms but I really dont like Ninja Theory.

And yeah your right alot of people arent saying the word "aesthetic" but Im getting the picture that that's what they're trying to say and failing.

Anyway, Im on baited breath for this games release- hopefully it will actually be good.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
Unless they somehow managed to pull back one of Clover Studio's old members back into the fold I doubt the advice will be worth a whole lot. Not everyone is Shinji Mikami y'know~

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Advice they're probably ignoring with a passion; considering that Enslaved had nearly ALL the same problems as Heavenly Sword it shows that NT doesn't want to learn from their mistakes.

And seriously, claiming that NT has talent in story is so grossly inappropriate it reduces me to rolling on the floor laughing. They have NOTHING in terms of plot or characters; they're, at best, average. The only thing they excel in is arrogance

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
As much as I like story in my games, Devil May Cry is the one place where it can take a hike. Cutscenes in Devil May Cry are meant to be cool rewards reminding you how awesome you/Dante are. This is the guy who can't answer the phone and sit in a chair without being cool and killed someone by flipping a pool table into the air and then hitting the balls into the dude with the cue and the white ball.

This is all going a bit Metroid. Team Ninja - Ninja Theory. Coincidence? I think not

Mysnomer

Nov 11, 2009
Tin Man said:
Togs said:
Tin Man said:
Togs said:
Im sorry but until "Dante" looses the skinny jeans and emo haircut colour me disinterested.
Because we all know how important a characters fashion sense is when looking at game mechanics...
Fun mechanics are nice but aesthetic is also important, if you dont like the initial impression of the aesthetics its bound to make people wary, and I find the whole emo look annoying

Of course my trepidation would be alot less if they hadnt completely scrapped the old DMC aeshetic for a new one whilst keeping the old name, AKA trading on an existing license with what is essentially a new game.

EDIT= Just spotted the unintended insult in my post, Im not a fan of the emo look, doesnt mean I think people shouldnt dress like that if they want to, just like I wouldnt expect people to begrudge me not wanting to buy a game when I dont like the direction its taking, its all a matter of personal taste.
Not begrudging, I just think far too many people are making a big old fuss over fuck all. I'm not hearing people talking about aesthetics as a whole, I'm hearing people ***** about hair colour and fashion sense and completely ignoring the fact that everything actually solid about the game, points to it being a pretty strong entry. Sorry if you're taking the brunt of that, this is something which has been rubbing me wrongly for a whole now...

As for trading on the license though, I agree that winds me up. They did it with Parasite Eve and the fact that the game was shite was the killer. This could be good, and to be honest as long as the product turns out alright I can overlook the blatant franchise whoring...
Well I'm sorry we're not fresh out of a debate club session with our critical thinking caps on and thesauruses in hand. True, it's a shame we can't all be rational and scholarly about this, but that doesn't allow the argument that something is wrong to be dismissed. Think of it like the uncanny valley. Something is off, and we can't quite put our finger on it, so we pick apart what we can and try to use that to explain it. If you sit the masses down and go through it with them, they'd probably realize that a radical shift in character design, a revision of the storyline, and an entirely new development studio makes them concerned the game will abandon it's roots. But right now, that's all in the subconscious for them, and to justify their subconscious feelings they latch on to what explanation they can (eg: his stereotypically "emo" look).

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
capcom, NT,

guys, listen, i'm WILLING to give this game a shot, been with Devil May Cry since the first one came out but :/ you not inspire much confidence with this one

from the visual redesign (which admittedly i could over look) the back ground redesign ( half angel and demon now? -.- that's lame and the angst ugh) and cutting the FPS in half >.> it had better be the most fucking awesome thing ever,

or

at least as good as the Space Marine demo :p

OtherSideofSky

Jan 4, 2010
I sure hope this isn't any of the "action game know-how" that brought us DMC2. Honestly, I felt the series was never really as good after the first one. There was just something about the enemies in that game that really did it for me. Don't get me wrong, 3 and 4 were fun, I just don't feel like anyone was ever able to recapture the feel of the first one after the original creator left.