Capcom Killing Mega Man Legends 3 If Prototype Version Doesn't Sell

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
This is one of the dumbest ideas I have seen the past few years.

I wouldn't mind them trying to pull this on a platform which has been out on the market for a few years, or even a full year, but doing this on the 3DS which has been out for maybe a month now.. I doubt this will sell well...

However, if we're in luck, people who don't have anything else to buy or play will just check it out without any interest in the MML series, just because there are no other games out.

And by the looks of the gameplay footage in the trailer, we'll only be playing with some punk called Barret... ?
Who is this punk and why is he in my MML game... ? People looking forward to MML3 would want to play as Trigger and not some punk ass biker.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
I dont like this. I don't really care for this prototype. I'd much rather wait and have a full complete version.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Idiots + assumptions = lots of hateful posts. It's just like the Wii 2/Project Cafe/Stream posts pissing and moaning about how Nintendo is fucking over the hardcores once again based purely on idle speculation from such reputable sources as Game Informer.

I'm so upset that I didn't take the time to properly read the OP. Bwah! Now feel my rage, Capcom, since I'm sure you get all your input from the Escapist forums...

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
SuperMse said:
You guys really do hate Mega Man now, huh?
It's not that I hate Mega Man, it's that I hate the pretentious assholes in Capcom making these kind of moron decisions and dick moves.

BTW, Blue Bomber rocks.
I meant Capcom. First they cancel Mega Man Universe, now this. I'd hate to say that its all because Keiji Inafune left and now they're mad at him, but...

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
SuperMse said:
CrazyCapnMorgan said:
SuperMse said:
You guys really do hate Mega Man now, huh?
It's not that I hate Mega Man, it's that I hate the pretentious assholes in Capcom making these kind of moron decisions and dick moves.

BTW, Blue Bomber rocks.
I meant Capcom. First they cancel Mega Man Universe, now this. I'd hate to say that its all because Keiji Inafune left and now they're mad at him, but...
My apologies, then, for misunderstanding what you wrote.

Still, f*** Capcom.

penguindude42

Nov 14, 2010
FogHornG36 said:
only on the 3DS.... im going to go cry now...
HAW HAW! YOU ARE BABY! *prepares Sasha*

*fires wildly, killing you*

CRY SOME MOAR, BABY! AHAHAHAHA!!!

-REDheavy

iamthelizardqueen88

Dec 10, 2010
Tank207 said:
I was interested in the game, until I found out it would be a hand-held exclusive. I haven't had a hand-held since the Game Boy Color, and have no interest in buying a new one. Is there a reason this can't be on consoles, instead of a platform most people probably don't even have yet?

I feel bad for the people who have been waiting a decade for this game. Dick move Capcom, dick move.
yeah what he said T_T

Yvl9921

Our Sweet Prince
Apr 4, 2009
Katana314 said:
Yvl9921 said:
Katana314 said:
This is something I'd like Sonic Team to do. "Hey guys, we have a new idea for a style of Sonic gameplay, but we're unsure if it's fun. Try it out?"
Any dev worth their salt tests their game with outsiders extensively before releasing their games. This hasn't really caught on in Japan yet, though, so companies like the Sonic Team and Square Enix haven't been doing this, and you can see the results.
I don't mean "before releasing". I mean "before making". Someone could commit millions of dollars to a gameplay concept that simply isn't fun, and that ends up a disaster no matter how much end-of-the-line playtesting you do.
So did I. You make a prototype with the bare elements of gameplay (not always electronic, it can be action figures) and test it within your own team and pull in people from outside as well.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
It's $2 or $3 and its a bit more than a standard demo, it has full access to everything that's been finished up to this point(after you beat the missions) and includes debug mode.

I've liked how they handled MML3 up until this announcement, they let the fans vote on what they want in this game down to Volnutt's new design and have a dev room forum set up just for this game with continual feedback and updates on their progress. This is a giant step back compared to the rest of what's been done for the game.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
The fact that the 3DS isn't a terribly popular system could spell trouble. I hope it does well, still. If I were a 3DS owner, the only reason I'd download it is if the prototype was either free, or I get to have the actual game at a 50% or better discount. Or, like Minecraft, free.

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Buy demo for super fun awesome game OR ELSE. How's about make a quality product that people will buy so you don't have to do crap like this?

Just between us I think they've already cancelled the game. They're just trying to make money off of the unfinished product.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
Something I'd like to point out that in the original blog post by Eguchi, there's no mention of people actually having to buy MML3 Prototype, they're just checking the hype to see if enough people are into it.

They just want to see what people think of a series that's been out for a decade and gauge responses on the new protagonist. So as long as their devroom forums stay active, the game gets the green light.

SamElliot'sMustache

Oct 5, 2009
Yvl9921 said:
...What the hell. I'm waiting for Megaman Legends 3 to come out before buying a 3DS. That game's the console seller for me. I'd gladly buy this if I had a 3DS but... seriously what the hell?
I'd rather get Megaman Legends 3 for the PS3 (or even Wii), but I was considering getting a 3DS just for it. If they're going to go this route, though, I won't bother until I see which way the wind blows.

Crazy_Man_42

Mar 10, 2011
SamElliot said:
Yvl9921 said:
...What the hell. I'm waiting for Megaman Legends 3 to come out before buying a 3DS. That game's the console seller for me. I'd gladly buy this if I had a 3DS but... seriously what the hell?
I'd rather get Megaman Legends 3 for the PS3 (or even Wii), but I was considering getting a 3DS just for it. If they're going to go this route, though, I won't bother until I see which way the wind blows.
I would prefer to play Megaman Legends 3 on the big screen but I would probably have to buy a PS3 for that if they just stick with the PS3 for the game.

Megaman Legends 3 is the only reason why I would buy the 3DS of course.

This whole thing sounds stupid and if they cancel Megaman Legends 3 because of this I will start a hostile takeover of the company and make sure that Megaman Legends 3 is released.

GasparNolasco

Dec 13, 2010
I'm a fan of the MML series, but I woudn't get this game on a portable anyway. If they are not releasing this thing on a real platform they might as well cancel it.

Manchubot

Sep 9, 2010
What could make it work is if prototype is just a prologue to MML3. It could be a different story that just builds up to 3, like how there was a prologue as DLC for Dead Rising 2 to get people familiar with the game and create back story before the actual product was released. If they did this to see if people liked the game-play of it they could make the game take off from sometime after the prologue and give you a special in-game item or something in the main game. People would get a different game not just a simple demo of the same game itself, and they would have the new ideas tested so everyone would be happy.

Grunt_Man11

Mar 15, 2011
Micalas said:
Release that game on Playstation. Just like the other two. Cmon guys, it was a great fucking series. I don't want to play it on a mini-screen! Show it in it's full glory!
Agreed.

I'm so sick of anticipated sequels to older series, that I enjoyed, getting released on the f---ing handhelds just so the developers don't have to update the game/graphics engine.

Lazy bastards.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
This is capcom we are talking about. The same ones who said Okamiden wouldn't get a western release cus of the reception. The ones who say EVERY Phoenix Wright game wouldn't get translated.

I bet no matter how many people download it they release it.

DevilWolf47

Nov 29, 2010
Am i the only one who was hoping for a 3D remake of Mega Man Zero and who didn't care about Mega Man Legends?