Capcom Marooning MvC 3 Rage Quitters on Quitter Island

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
Fearzone said:
Vault Citizen said:
Battenbergcake said:
Fearzone said:
If you quit, you lose. What is so hard about that?
They'll live to quit another day, this system actively punishes people which is wonderful for the saddist in me.
I like this system because you have to quit often to get the black marks, that way people who have genuine reasons for quitting (say need to go work or some emergency, etc) or suffer from internet problems won't get penalised.
Quitting = Losing has precedent (no matter if it is intentional or Internet problems). In real time strategy games, when it it clear you are going to lose, the players exchange "gg"'s, and the loser quits rather than playing out another 5-10 minutes it would probably take to finish the game. It is a system that works fine. If it is obvious you are going to lose is it really necessary to continue to play?

Like I said, it is how it is done in RTSs. It is problematic only if you are playing on teams and your team member "rage quits"-- and then it is a problem only for you, not the opposing team. And that's on you to choose your teammates better. For 1 vs. 1 battles, I don't see why there is any problem with quitting early so long as it is registered as a loss.
As a person that really like RTS I can say it doesn't work perfect. In warcraft 3 there was a high number of players that tower rush and if they failed quit, sure you got a win for defending it off but it led to some way boring games. It's true that there would be a far bigger problems if you couldn't gg, but it's far from perfect.

xDHxD148L0

The Dissapointed Gamer
Apr 16, 2009
It looks like that will make the whole online experience better, but the main thing I am worried about is the netcode, SF4 and SSF4 both had really shitty netcodes that only really worked in japan.