Capcom to Promote Resident Evil 6 With Human Butchery

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
This is in such bad taste that it's rolled back into good taste.
It's another level of awesome.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
So, they've selling HUMAN LIMBS to people, and the money will go to people who are MISSING HUMAN LIMBS? Something tells me that they went the extra step here and only later realized that cannibalism is only cool when it's fake.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
But...but...but...but Wesker's dead! He done gone got kerploded in a god damn volcano!

Frostbyte666

Nov 27, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Actually, it tap-danced over the line several times, flashing the audience all the while.

It's the kind of thing that you'd see in a particularly nasty Far Side comic.

Doesn't mean it's not six or seven different kinds of awesome, though.
Yes thank you I knew this gimmick was reminding me of something and now that you mention Larson I think that it fits nicely into 1 of those trouble brewing strips.

RJ 17 said:
But...but...but...but Wesker's dead! He done gone got kerploded in a god damn volcano!
Meh I won't believe wesker is dead until there is a body, and even that is dubious, even if technically the lava should have melted him near instantly, which it didn't, I think as per standard RE plot Wesker crawled out of the volcano when no one was looking.

OT: I dunno I find this kinda squicky and even if I could get to the venue I wouldn't really want to. Strange really since I got kind of peckish and had a hankering for bacon after watching Hannibal when he fries a bit of that guys brain.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Just got back from it, it's actually pretty cool, £3 for 6 sausages, I missed the chance to buy cool stuff like the hands and legs, but the guys working there are a laugh, and they've got a whole back room you can see and go in with loads of "corpses" lying about. Hilarious seeing old people go past and seeing the expressions on thier faces.

I also got a free bloody mary with what looks like human ears inside it!

Smokescreen

Dec 6, 2007
"The lectures, spread across two days, explain the themes of Resident Evil 6 and how they relate to the real world."

HAHAHAHAHA

idodo35

Jun 3, 2010
wha?
how does this promote your game exactly? who in the hell will be like:
hey theres a "human meat" butchery here!
lets go play resident evil!

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
I'm actually interested in what the lectures will be like. It seems like an unusually high brow approach for videogame marketing.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Frostbyte666 said:
RJ 17 said:
Meh I won't believe wesker is dead until there is a body, and even that is dubious, even if technically the lava should have melted him near instantly, which it didn't, I think as per standard RE plot Wesker crawled out of the volcano when no one was looking.
If indeed Wesker makes an appearance in RE 6, that means that I win a personal bet and get to piss all over a friend's copy of RE 6 while shouting "I CALLED THAT SHIT!!!"

If he doesn't, then I actually have to buy the game and play it with said friend. :p

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
that's kinda cute that they doing it for a charitable organisation, thumbs up

zombiesinc

One day, we'll wake the zombies
Mar 29, 2010
I want me some COMPLETE GLOBAL MARINATION, please.

I don't think I'd want to check this out though, the thought of cannibalism makes me queasy.

ConanThe3rd

Jul 3, 2012
The people who canceled Megaman Legends 3 and will not localise EX Troopers, ladies and gentlemen.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
i was really excited about the game untill i played the demo. Killed it for me. I really wanted the Tall oaks Hoodie aswell (LTD Edition)

OT: Good take on marketing. Havent seen it done before..=]