Capcom Will Put Dead Rising's Frank West in Everything

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Capcom Will Put Dead Rising's Frank West in Everything

Frank West might not be coming back to bash in some zombie heads in Dead Rising 2 [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74656], but we haven't seen the last of our intrepid photojournalist: Capcom loves him, and wants to put him in everything ever.

Frank West has covered wars, y'know, but he isn't exactly the first character that comes to mind when somebody asks "What Capcom characters would fit well in a crossover fighting game?" Nevertheless, that didn't stop him from appearing in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 logo [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94612-Rumor-Frank-West-and-Zero-in-Tatsunoko-vs-Capcom].

That's not all, either. He'll be making an appearance in the upcoming Lost Planet 2 - and even Valve's Left 4 Dead 2: The Passing DLC features a message from Frank scrawled on one of the walls. So, what's with all the Frank West love lately?

On an episode of the Destructoid podcast [http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-loves-frank-west-wants-him-in-everything-172114.phtml/], Capcom community boss Seth Killian offered some insight into Capcom's Frank Fever.

[blockquote]For better or for worse, (Capcom of) Japan has understood that 'the West' likes Frank. So maybe that's why he's called Frank West? I don't know... Rightly or wrongly (Capcom of) Japan is convinced that Joe Six pack here in America love God d*mn Frank West. He will be making appearances in as many games as they can get him into.[/blockquote]

Killian apparently went on to joke (?) that Frank would be appearing in the next Puzzle Fighter. That's just a cruel joke, Seth. How could you tease us by saying that there's going to be a new Puzzle Fighter?!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
He is in Lost Planet 2!? What is he doing there!? lol, what role is he playing?

Well, its nice to see them not just retiring him, he is a good characyer

AboveUp

May 21, 2008
Why do I have this sudden feeling he's going to be in ENN in the near future as well?

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Jaredin said:
He is in Lost Planet 2!? What is he doing there!? lol, what role is he playing?

Well, its nice to see them not just retiring him, he is a good characyer
in multiplayer hes a skin you can get. :)

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
This is just all the more confusing that he isn't the main character in Dead Rising 2.

Mewick_Alex

May 25, 2009
Heh, that's cool, though he seems a bit odd for a fighting game. Did anyone play Tatsunoku vs. Capcom? What sort of stuff did he do in it?

Apr 28, 2008
Um... thats cool and all. But just because we like the character, doesn't exactly mean we want to see him in everything.

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
All I can say is, "fantastic."

Frank West and the merchant from RE4 are the most iconic Capcom characters of the last five years or so. But do they understand why?

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Mewick_Alex said:
Heh, that's cool, though he seems a bit odd for a fighting game. Did anyone play Tatsunoku vs. Capcom? What sort of stuff did he do in it?
First unlock I had was Frank and well he kicks a fair amount of ass. Small attacks include a golf club and baseball bat. The bigger attack is the Megaman blaster (Huge energy beam). He can also call zombies. One is a shambeler from behind to distract the foe and then something with a shopping cart.

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
God I really wish that Frank will make some kind of apperence in Dead Rising 2. He is definatly one of my favorite capcom characters along side viewtiful joe.

hansari

May 31, 2009
The only place where this would make sense would be a Resident Evil crossover...

darkknight9

Feb 21, 2010
"Rightly or wrongly (Capcom of) Japan is convinced that Joe Six pack here in America love God d*mn Frank West."

I Love God d*mn Frank West.

I am darkknight9 and I approve of this message.