Capcom Will Put Dead Rising's Frank West in Everything

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
While i have nothing against Frank West, when the hell are Capcom going to throw Dante into a cross over...on that note, we havn't heard much from the Devil may cry side of things lately.

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
Next up: Frank West teams up with Megaman in Megaman Legends 3 to deal with REaverbot Zombies.

DO want. :D
Oh man, I'd love a MML 3. Sadly Crapcom doesn't seem like they'll get around to it any time soon. Hopefully if they do they'll bring back the voice actor for Megaman from the first MML game and not the god awful shrill/kindergardner one from the second. I mean the guy was Protoman in the Megaman cartoon from the 90's and Gundam Wing as the Deathscythe guy!

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
Jaredin said:
He is in Lost Planet 2!? What is he doing there!? lol, what role is he playing?

Well, its nice to see them not just retiring him, he is a good characyer
To cover the war, of course.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Infernai said:
While i have nothing against Frank West, when the hell are Capcom going to throw Dante into a cross over...on that note, we havn't heard much from the Devil may cry side of things lately.
Dante is rumored to be in Marvel Vs Capcom 3. Judging from the silhouettes. Which is pretty much a confirmation.

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
More Fun To Compute said:
All I can say is, "fantastic."

Frank West and the merchant from RE4 are the most iconic Capcom characters of the last five years or so. But do they understand why?
considering both the merchant (welcome stranger) and frank west didnt appear in resi 5 or dead rising 2

im gonna go ahead and say no

MattRooney06

Apr 15, 2009
Sober Thal said:
I don't understand why this character should be in a fighting game. I get the Zombie L4D cameo, it's nice different developers are sharing some love to a degree, but only if it makes sense. To me, it doesn't make sense he or anyone from Resident Evil is in this new fighting game remake.

Then again, I didn't see why Tekken, Link, Star Wars, or even Spawn for that matter, was ever even considered for Soul Calibur. I guess it's a fan service thing, like the whole beach volleyball bouncy jugs thing. I think less of devs that crowbar popular characters for no reason other than fanboy love.
its just a way to encourage fans to buy the game thats all....just like how lost planet is having a frank west skin and a marcus fenix skin (i think)

although tbh i felt pretty badass playing as heihatchi in soul claiber....blocking swords with just my fists

Joe Matsuda

Aug 24, 2009
We are about to see the begining of a whole new chapter un gaming

just imagine, your playing a game like Assassin's Creed 3 or another god-awful Halo game...or even a new Cooking Mama...

and Frank West is in them all...you know when he's projected to be in every new game that comes out (and old ones with the help of DLC)?
2012!!!

Southpaw Samurai

Mar 2, 2010
If Frank makes it into MVC3 (fingers crossed), I hope he or Spider-man have some quip about the other's photojournalism skills. Yes, I know this might entail Frank somehow knowing Peter's identity, but if there's a journalist who can, it's Frank.

At this point, I'd be happy with a 'Frank West vs. Marvel Zombies'. :p

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, well there are worse things than to put Frank into fighting games. His universe was pretty goofy, and consider that the guy is an increasingly deadly martial arts machine as he "levels up" during the game and obtains new movies and such. He's just as over the top as other characters in the game.

As far as Frank being loved in The Western World, I have mixed opinions. Generally speaking I think it's a situation where The Japanese created him to appeal to what they see as a Western Mentality, and the fact that the character has become something of a cult icon, has been mistaken for a massive success.

As far as him being in other games, the character was always kind of ridiculous and truthfully the idea of him "covering wars" from other Capcom games strikes me as being goofy enough to fit with the character.

I will also go so far as to say that I think Frank really deserved to be in another game as a playable protaganist despite me not considering him more than a cult success (it's still a success).

Koganesaga

Feb 11, 2010
Frank West, they only photographer who can say he's killed a zombie every which way till friday (I hope someone picked up on that slightly good pun without reading this part).

Martster

Rated EC-10 Condemned
Mar 17, 2010
Bring it on, I liked Frank in Dead Rising and its good to see that Capcom agree that he is a great character.
I look forward to many more cameos in the future, but I hope Capcom realize what I really want is another full game with Frank as the star again

Also here's my vote for a zombie Frank in Dead Rising 2 :D

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
laryri said:
People like Frank West for one reason and one reason only:
Frank West said:
I've covered wars you know.
People really need to do their research before quoting people. It was the "Fast Food Pricing Wars" in Modesto, California.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
MattRooney06 said:
its just a way to encourage fans to buy the game thats all....just like how lost planet is having a frank west skin and a marcus fenix skin (i think)

although tbh i felt pretty badass playing as heihatchi in soul claiber....blocking swords with just my fists
None of the weapons did more than scratch in SCalibur anyway, you'd take 15 hits with a sword before moving on to round 2.

I miss Bushido Blade...

Isn't Frank just a slap stick Chris Redfield? Do we need both in MvsC3?

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
Aura Guardian said:
Gigaguy64 said:
...And i am ok with this.

He is a great character.
I have no doubt that he could be in anything from Puzzle Fighter to Halo and it would be awesome.

So not that there is a chance the he is in MvC2 ill be praying even harder that it gets a multiconsole release.(specifically for the wii)
hahah.
I love that!

And nice job with Ken!
You pulling off some good Air combos with him!