Captain America Says Superhero Movies Won't Go Away

Politrukk

May 5, 2015
Fox12 said:
This always happens with fads. People actually think the gravy train will keep on rolling forever, just because their in the middle of success. Then something captures the audiances imagination, and the whole thing shifts beneath their feet.
You obviously didn't read the article.

OT:

I think he's got a point, hell even this recent string of spy movies is partially jumping in on the Marvel style of movie production.

What a lot of people forget is that the Marvel Universe by itself is vast if they could reclaim the rights to all of their own properties they could build something huge.

However I do believe some of their properties really do work better as series, Daredevil proved that attention to detail can vastly improve the Hero's narrative and make you forget you're watching a superhero at work.

Captain America benefits and benefitted from retro-actively making Agent Carter and Agents of Shield part of the canon.

I feel that Marvel failed when they tried to blend in the Avengers stuff in the second season because it felt so tacked on but all of the other stuff was a stroke of genius in moving the pieces across the board to setup the bigger narrative.

The blending of properties and styles could become a new benchmark.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
There probably wont be that many of them, but they wont go away. Personally i'm kind of tired of Marwel's offerings, the Avengers in particular, the second movie bored me. But i'm excited to see Batman vs Superman and Guardians of the galaxy, maybe Deadpool and i have never read a single DC or Marvel comic book in my life.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Well, he's right in one sense: CGI didn't fade despite its earliest endeavors running the gamut between "hilarious" and "fucking awful". It's certainly not going away now. Of all movie films, space-adventure, sci-fi, and superhero genres can make the most of it.

I don't think superhero films as we currently know them are going to last much longer.
Pretty sure after Iron Man 3 and Age of Ultron, they're kinda just coasting on autopilot until they reach the climax to the Infinity Stones arc.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Fox12 said:
This always happens with fads. People actually think the gravy train will keep on rolling forever, just because their in the middle of success. Then something captures the audiances imagination, and the whole thing shifts beneath their feet.
Because there are older superhero movies and that this is just the latest creation of them, it stands to reason that they will keep coming back. People will always want the good versus evil throwdown.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
He would say that wouldn't he? I think they ARE going away, sooner or later. And then coming back. And then going away. And on.