Captain America Sequel Could Become Biggest April Movie Ever

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
In Search of Username said:
That's really, really depressing to me.

Fucking superhero movies man, when will they go away?
It's one thing to criticize something you don't like. That's totally cool.

This, however, is not criticism. This is just you whining about the very existence of a thing that is not aimed at your personal entertainment, as if anyone who disagrees with you doesn't deserve to have what they want. That kind of behavior incredibly arrogant, self-centered and just generally really unlikeable.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Ferisar said:
EDIT: Wait, I'm the one that brought up opinions. Fuck. Forget it. I'm done with this argument. You win. Fuck me and(/in) the Big Lebowski.

God damn it.
Nothing is fucked here, Dude.

(Sorry, I had to)

Regardless, the best bit is that it'll beat Fast Five. God, that film is such fucking dross, at least this is well made.

ZephrC said:

This, however, is not criticism. This is just you whining about the very existence of a thing that is not aimed at your personal entertainment, as if anyone who disagrees with you doesn't deserve to have what they want. That kind of behavior incredibly arrogant, self-centered and just generally really unlikeable.
Oh my god, who cares? Seriously, do you need to be that pedantic? The guy doesn't like superhero films, he'd rather not have to see or hear about them. Is that so unreasonable? It's not a big deal and you certainly don't need to pick it apart like that.

Feb 22, 2009
ZephrC said:

Can I have the style manual for how I'm allowed to phrase criticism next time?

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
Oh my god, who cares? Seriously, do you need to be that pedantic? The guy doesn't like superhero films, he'd rather not have to see or hear about them. Is that so unreasonable? It's not a big deal and you certainly don't need to pick it apart like that.
Um, yes. That absolutely is unreasonable. Who in their right mind honestly thinks they have a right to never see or hear about a thing they don't like? That's insane.

I don't like horror movies, but you don't see me going around to reviews of them posting about how I wish they would stop being made so I could stop being reminded of their existence. That would be incredibly douchey of me.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
ZephrC said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
Um, yes. That absolutely is unreasonable. Who in their right mind honestly thinks they have a right to never see or hear about a thing they don't like? That's insane.

I don't like horror movies, but you don't see me going around to reviews of them posting about how I wish they would stop being made so I could stop being reminded of their existence. That would be incredibly douchey of me.
It's the kind of throwaway line that people say all the time, if you get uppity like this every time someone does so you must have a very hard time talking to human beings.

ZephrC

Free Cascadia!
Mar 9, 2010
TheRightToArmBears said:
It's the kind of throwaway line that people say all the time, if you get uppity like this every time someone does so you must have a very hard time talking to human beings.
Only on the internet, my friend. Only on the internet.

Make of that what you will.

r_Chance

Dec 13, 2008
Ferisar said:
I mean... That's... great? I guess? Everyone needs a debbie downer... Or something. I uh... What...

continues to struggle for things to say whilst rapidly losing oxygen
Are you literally unable to comprehend the idea that anyone might want to express a negative opinion about anything?
You don't like superhero movies. Check. Everyone's talking about it. Check. So, why did you waste your time? There are other things to see and post about. Let's see... yep, check. It's not all about Cap. There are plenty of things I don't like. I don't waste my money or my time on them. It's not so much that you don't like this specific movie that surprises people, imo anyway. It's that you, apparently, dislike the whole genre and post about it anyway. Why go to a thread on that subject and say I can't stand superhero movies? Negative opinions are typically expressed about things by people who were disappointed or disliked the result, not the entire genre. People who dislike superhero movies, or science fiction movies, or pie for that matter, generally don't bother to decry the subject to those who enjoy it unless they are asked about it. Were you? Broadcasting it into the ranks of fans... that's a bit odd (unless you thrive on negative attention or just like trolling). Imo, of course :)

Feb 22, 2009
r_Chance said:
You don't like superhero movies. Check. Everyone's talking about it. Check. So, why did you waste your time? There are other things to see and post about. Let's see... yep, check. It's not all about Cap. There are plenty of things I don't like. I don't waste my money or my time on them. It's not so much that you don't like this specific movie that surprises people, imo anyway. It's that you, apparently, dislike the whole genre and post about it anyway. Why go to a thread on that subject and say I can't stand superhero movies? Negative opinions are typically expressed about things by people who were disappointed or disliked the result, not the entire genre. People who dislike superhero movies, or science fiction movies, or pie for that matter, generally don't bother to decry the subject to those who enjoy it unless they are asked about it. Were you? Broadcasting it into the ranks of fans... that's a bit odd (unless you thrive on negative attention or just like trolling). Imo, of course :)
I was just commenting on a trend I dislike in popular culture! It would be pretty weird if I was going on a forum dedicated exclusively to superhero films and derailing threads by talking about how much I dislike them. But this is just a post about the extreme popularity of superhero movies, which I think it's as legitimate for me to comment on as it is for a fan to do so.

r_Chance

Dec 13, 2008
I was just commenting on a trend I dislike in popular culture! It would be pretty weird if I was going on a forum dedicated exclusively to superhero films and derailing threads by talking about how much I dislike them. But this is just a post about the extreme popularity of superhero movies, which I think it's as legitimate for me to comment on as it is for a fan to do so.
Maybe. I would think a separate thread to debate the topic would have been more reasonable. Come to think of it that would be an invitation to a flame war... anyway I suspect you have more time than me :)

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
It still baffles me. If the me from five years ago was told that Captain America 2 would be one of my favorite superhero movies of all time and one of my favorite action movies ever made, I'd likely have laughed.

... Marvel is killing it at making me a believe. Long live the Cap'n.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012

You may be the first Heliocentrist in a Aristotelian world sir. Your ideas are too radical for us devout religious folk of the church of Marvel. But stick too it because while people may think you're crazy until centuries after you are gone, people may come to realize that what you are saying is true and you could shape the way the world views the cosmic world of super heroes forever.

Either way, let your legacy wash away your depression my friend, you may be a prophet before your time just yet!

That or these movies are awesome, and you need to reconnect with your inner child and accept the awesomeness!

OR! they will go away at the earliest 2028 because at least that is how far marvel has them planned for.

Gerardo Vazquez

Sep 28, 2013
Kameburger said:

You may be the first Heliocentrist in a Aristotelian world sir. Your ideas are too radical for us devout religious folk of the church of Marvel. But stick too it because while people may think you're crazy until centuries after you are gone, people may come to realize that what you are saying is true and you could shape the way the world views the cosmic world of super heroes forever.

Either way, let your legacy wash away your depression my friend, you may be a prophet before your time just yet!

That or these movies are awesome, and you need to reconnect with your inner child and accept the awesomeness!

OR! they will go away at the earliest 2028 because at least that is how far marvel has them planned for.
That's the problem with Galileo syndrome, someone with an unpopular opinion will cling to the idea that the unpopularity of their opinion is proof that their opinions are more valid, rather than entertain the idea that their opinions are unpopular because they are invalid.