Captain America: The Winter Soldier Featurette Spoils the Movie

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Meh, I think if somebody watches movie trailers and reads news articles on movies in development should be ready to learn details that aren't immediately apparent at the start of the film. If I want to enjoy a film spoiler-free, I try to avoid these sources (though I usually don't mind).

Besides, what exactly constitutes a spoiler is a matter of personal opinion in most cases. I can't be pissed at people people for citing details from the source material (try and mention anything out of 'Treasure Island' on the 'Black Sails' facebook page though, I dare you), because a) if you start there EVERYTHING will have a spoiler tag and b) you never know how faithful the adaption will turn out in the end (see Walking Dead, Hannibal...).

Third, there's that thing where huge twists and turns become common knowledge. There might be people who don't know
Clar Kent is Superman
, or that
the Titty Twister is full of vampires
, or that
Bruce Willis is really a ghost
, but you wouldn't be angry if someone discussed those things on the internet.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Did you know Harry Osborn becomes the Green Gob---

But yeah, this is sort of well known among the Cap fanbase, being sort of ancient news. They spoiled it in numerous announcements (and the IMDB page) as well, since they announced the guy playing it as the dual-role.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
Dominic Crossman said:
Piorn said:
I just love how they advertise the movie as "the first Avenger:Winter Soldier" and not "Captain America:Winter Soldier" here in Germany.
Maybe they feel people can't relate to an american themed super-hero? Maybe American has a rather troubled reputation that makes it difficult to perceive it as the "hero"?
I don't know, I just find it strange.

Also am I supposed to recognize the WS from the first movie? I don't remember him.
Captian America fought the nazis, germany doesn't like to talk about nazis understandably. So distancing the film from it's ww2 roots in germany was probably on their mind. That's what I think is the case anyway.
But the first movie was unaltered, they always call him Captain America, and it was even called "Captain America:the First Avenger".
And it doesn't get anymore obvious than black-wearing evil-looking gasmask soldiers shouting "Heil Hydra!" with their arms up when it comes to Movie-Nazis.

As far as I know, it's just the title that's changed in the second movie.

Dominic Crossman

Apr 15, 2013
Piorn said:
Dominic Crossman said:
Piorn said:
I just love how they advertise the movie as "the first Avenger:Winter Soldier" and not "Captain America:Winter Soldier" here in Germany.
Maybe they feel people can't relate to an american themed super-hero? Maybe American has a rather troubled reputation that makes it difficult to perceive it as the "hero"?
I don't know, I just find it strange.

Also am I supposed to recognize the WS from the first movie? I don't remember him.
Captian America fought the nazis, germany doesn't like to talk about nazis understandably. So distancing the film from it's ww2 roots in germany was probably on their mind. That's what I think is the case anyway.
But the first movie was unaltered, they always call him Captain America, and it was even called "Captain America:the First Avenger".
And it doesn't get anymore obvious than black-wearing evil-looking gasmask soldiers shouting "Heil Hydra!" with their arms up when it comes to Movie-Nazis.

As far as I know, it's just the title that's changed in the second movie.
I dunno then, that was my only guess that made any sort sense.
maybe there was backlash? It might just be a case of naming quirks some countries have? These are just guesses though, I have no idea really.

goliath6711

May 3, 2010
At this point, revealing the Winter Soldier twist is as avoidable and ruins as much of this movie as the Samus twist does for Metroid.