Captain Jack Eager to Return to Doctor Who

M-JN

Jan 26, 2009
Brainst0rm said:
Non-heterosexual? Hmm.

I'm pretty sure there's a word for that.
Eh, not really in Jack's case... "bi" doesn't work for him, he's kind of everything-sexual.

Although not to the degree of his ex-partner, in the case of poodles.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Nah. Doesn't need to come back. He already has Torchwood. If they are so eager to give us a different sexually aligned companion then Jenny and that Silurian fit the bill and aren't quite so annoying.

But would prefer it if they just continued making new companions instead of trying to relive the old ones.

Wouldn't mind seeing him with 9 if they done some sort of special show with multiple doctors tho.

cynicalandbored

Nov 12, 2009
M-JN said:
Brainst0rm said:
Non-heterosexual? Hmm.

I'm pretty sure there's a word for that.
Eh, not really in Jack's case... "bi" doesn't work for him, he's kind of everything-sexual.
Pansexual works. Or, in the case of aliens and as was already mentioned earlier in the thread, xenosexual.

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
No.

You were removed.

Stay gone, you cretinous oaf. Take your Kirk ripoff somewhere else.

Also, you were removed from the timeline when the Universe reset. That's WHY the Universe reset. Stay with your damn Touchcloth and never darken our screens again.

Logan Westbrook said:
Harkness is also notable for being the first openly non-heterosexual character in the Doctor Who TV show.

Is that really what he's notable for? In a show that openly shows xenosexuality since the very first episode? FFS, Craptain Jack can die in a fire.
And the award for the stupidest comment of the day, goes too....

And for the record, he can't die in a fire, he's immortal.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
FFS, Craptain Jack can die in a fire.
It's funny because he can't!

OT: I love Captain Jack and I think he would go well with Matt Smith! Although Moffat did say that he wouldn't be bringing back old companions so we'll just have to see where this goes.

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
Ossian said:
Jack is the Face of Bo, one of the Doctor's oldest friends.
When was that EVER a spoiler? It was telegraphed since season 3.

And that was also removed. As were the Toclafane and all the rest of RTD's creations. There was an agreement between Moffat and RTD.
This is the runner up for stupidest comment of the day. You can't completely reset everything from 4 seasons. Even with the Time War, the Doctor remembers all his past regenerations, so in a way, it did all happen. Are you saying that the Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures (God rest Elisabeth Sladen) doesn't exist? They were spin-offs of the RTD years, and BOTH 10 and 11 made cameos on SJA.

The Toclafane never happened because Captain Jack and the Doctor destroyed the paradox machine, and saved the day, not b/c of a back room meeting between Moffitt and RTD

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
TimeLord said:
FFS, Craptain Jack can die in a fire.
It's funny because he can't!

OT: I love Captain Jack and I think he would go well with Matt Smith! Although Moffat did say that he wouldn't be bringing back old companions so we'll just have to see where this goes.
Honestly, that would be a mistake of Moffat to not bring back old companions. I'm not saying he should go nuts with it or anything, but the universe of Doctor Who is so rich with so many great characters. It would even be a violation of the spirit of the series, with episodes like the Three Doctors and the Five Doctors.

That would be fun, 9, 10, and 11 all in an episode?

Brockyman

Aug 30, 2008
A Social Reject said:
Now that Tennant's gone, all 10th Doctor characters shouldn't appear again bar maybe brief cameos. Matt Smith DW seems a completely different show and its popularity in america shows that it is.
The reason Series 5 and 6 are so popular is the build up from Series 1-4, not because the show is really "better". Each Series has its ups and down points, and each Doctor is great...and annoying in their own way.

I don't think every episode should turn into "Journey's End" or anything, but a smattering of old companions here and there wouldn't hurt too bad.

I still want them to con Christopher Eccleston into doing a "Three Doctors" episode... or bring back Tennant at least, either before regeneration or as the Meta Crisis Doctor.

As far as the old series, I really hoped the the girl regenerating in Day of the Moon was a new Rani character....

lordlillen

Nov 18, 2009
for a second there i thought we were talking about sparrow.
OT: i would love to see Captain jack agen he's and immortal badass seing jack and river in a fight seen together would be awesome.

Rhys95

May 16, 2011
The fact that the reset is used as an excuse to do whatever they like is really lame; take the cybermen, they were all destroyed in our universe years ago, they only came back because of the alternate reality. But now there are apparently at least 12 legions of the guys running around, who look identical to the alternate lot (minus the C on the chest disk). At least the Daleks got a new look (which they really didn't need)

The Cybermen that we've seen more of in the new series were the ones from Pete's World (The Parallel universe) I just assumed that the Cybermen we saw in the last episode were the ones from our own universe that always appeared in the pre-revival series

Honestly I think that Jack's character has developed too much in Torchwood to appear in Doctor Who without causing Inconsistencies

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Eh...no thanks. That 11 doesn't mention any of the old companions I like. It means he's dealt with it all, and he's moving along again. Jack was fun, and seeing Jack and River pair up to make the doctor's mind go boom would be extremely funny, albeit kinda...wack. At the same time, I'd rather not have to rehash all the junk of companions past, or watching Jack get affronted when he learns the Doctor came back for Amy.

TimeLord75

Sep 3, 2009
Curiosity: If Jack does return, and the apparently-sex-starved RTD isn't writing his dialogue, will he still be intent on humping everything that moves?

Jameseh

Rejected from society.
Mar 20, 2009
Ossian said:
A Social Reject said:
Now that Tennant's gone, all 10th Doctor characters shouldn't appear again bar maybe brief cameos. Matt Smith DW seems a completely different show and its popularity in america shows that it is.
I love how people say that like americans have no taste. Getting sick of it.
You took that from my post? I was saying how the popularity of the show in america (or at least the reported popularity) of the show has increased since Matt Smith. Its a highly popular show around the world so I don't know how you came to that conclusion.

KorLeonis

Mar 15, 2010
Keldon888 said:
I'd much rather have Jack there than River.
This, so much this. I have always hated River. I'm horrified at the thought that the next episodes are gonna be focused on her.

Ossian

Mar 11, 2010
A Social Reject said:
Ossian said:
A Social Reject said:
I love how people say that like americans have no taste. Getting sick of it.
You took that from my post? I was saying how the popularity of the show in america (or at least the reported popularity) of the show has increased since Matt Smith. Its a highly popular show around the world so I don't know how you came to that conclusion.
I wasn't directing it at you, but a week ago there was a topic where they were bashing Dr who because instead of saying "petro" they said gasoline and such. Hard core who fans are raging over "Americanization"

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
TimeLord75 said:
Curiosity: If Jack does return, and the apparently-sex-starved RTD isn't writing his dialogue, will he still be intent on humping everything that moves?
Well, given that during his first appearance it was Moffat writing his dialogue, I'd say "probably."