Captain Planet Getting Live Action Movie...

Cazza

Jul 13, 2010
The Rooster Teeth guys were joking that Captain Planet would never get a move.

http://roosterteeth.com/comics/strip.php?id=5635
I don't think that movie is a good idea.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
There is nothing that is not hilarious about this idea. It's going to be the most unintentionally funny movie ever.

Someone get Shyamalan to direct this!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
It's about FREAKING TIME!! I've been wondering aloud and talking to friends about the possibility of a Captain Planet movie since freaking Middle School (ei: 2001)

I can't wait to see if this actually makes it off the ground. Something tells me a worst-case scenario (that is, worst-case scenario for if the movie is released) would be straight-to-DVD or, a live-action Cartoon Network original movie. Best case would be a trilogy. The first film would be about BS pollution and the Ozone. The second about race relations and the third about the threat of global terrorism. The third movie should up the ante by bringing back not only the Soviet Union as an antagonist but also the I.R.A. like in that one episode which featured them,

holy crap: I'm sorry I had just wiki-ed Captain Planet and Jeff freaking Goldblum was the original voice of Verminous Skumm (the giant rat person). I'd like to see him in the movie now.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
But... I can't... What? Why? What bizarre alignment of stars could make something like this possible? Who looked at this cartoon and said "Let's make a movie!"? Is this some kind of bizarre dare?

I can't imagine what message Captain Planet could possibly have that we need. We already know that dumping toxic barrels in the Amazon is bad. We know that smog is unhealthy. We know about the Ozone layer. Is there anyone, anywhere, who will come out of this movie changed?

In real life, the problem isn't the CEO of XYZ Corp., but our desire to have the resources of the Earth and have them cheap. The corporations are the means to that end and act rapaciously when we choose to reward them for doing so. The clear-cut forests environmental films deplore come into our homes as furniture. It's easy to insert a douchebag villain, but it would be more accurate to point out the audience's share in his excesses, as well as showing that popular pressure at the store can make him mend his ways. But that's probably too complicated for a Captain Planet movie.

Mar 29, 2008
Awesome. I'm going to assume this is one of those projects that never gets off the ground, but I will sincerely hope that assumption is wrong at the same time.

I don't think I'd ever cosplay, and am not a huge fan of midnight premiers...if this happens I will gladly cosplay at the midnight premier and be totally elated.

zehydra

Oct 25, 2009
My life is now complete. I hope they take the "snakes on a plane" angle, and make it as ridiculous as possible.