Captain Planet

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Nope, never heard about it. Why are they waiting till now to make it? Most kids these days pry have never seen the show and won't know what it is about. In my opinion I would rather they did not make a movie.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
Hey, he's a hero!

But this does sound dumb. Almost as bad as the Stretch Armstrong film starring Taylor Lautner.

No, scratch that. The Stretch Armstrong idea is still worse.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
A movie about a hero from the 80's who never showed up again for more then twenty years, I sence an epic fail!

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Oh god it is going to suck, the average villain in that show just stole an oil tanker beached it, used the oil to cover baby seals then caught them on fire.

IT MADE NO SENSE!

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
slutmonkey8 said:
i hadn't but i don't think it's going to be a good film. captain planet isn't the most interesting of heroes and it's going to come off as a big hippie enviro-ad to people
So basically Avatar set on earth then?

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Is that what they're calling it now?
Jeez, it was supposed to be Avatar, but then avatar came out and it didn't wan to fight, so it changed it's name to "the last airbender"
Apparently that didn't sit well with the higher ups for some reason.
So now it's captain planet?
Fine, whatever.
I'll still see it.

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
Wow so close after Avatar? It would probably be a mix between Watchmen and Avatar, with Captain Planet having a fucking backstory. This reeks of fail so hard

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
gof22 said:
Nope, never heard about it. Why are they waiting till now to make it?
Because global warming (I'm sorry, now it's global-something-that-might-happen-we-don't-know-what-exactly-but-give-Al-Gore-your-money-anyway) is the big thing right now.

Azaradel

Jan 7, 2009
I refuse to assume that a Captain Planet movie would be anything less than awesome.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5zqFzooyILQ/SjytcnD-8YI/AAAAAAAABEQ/tbMEEJeZMR4/s400/captain_planet.jpg
The blue skin, the green mullet, the ridiculous outfit... I think I'm in love.

On a more serious note; I'd have to watch it, because anything involving Captain Planet has got to be hilarious, be it intentional or unintentional.

Paksenarrion

Mar 13, 2009
This movie has already been made.

...in claymation.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/benhn1/F54D5ED87A5E49DE9774B55950261EE6/robot-chicken-captain-planet.aspx

Ikuraut

Aug 26, 2009
Does it really seem like that much of a stretch from GI joe and Transformers? Both 80's cartoons, and both terrible movies. From what I gather, its supposed to be set later in their lives were the planeteers have all become jaded and cynical, Cap's gone rogue loosing faith in us and starts fixing our attitudes old testament style, and the Planeteers now have to stop him or some crap. All sounds pretty lame (besides Cap going nutz). Kinda weird picturing Clive Owen in caps makeup, and Forest Whitaker as Kwame?