Captain Planet

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
I just want to see what motive they give the villains. If it's anything more than "Ha har, I just want to fuck up some shit!" I'll be dissapointed. No doubt film-makers will want to include something about the hot topic of global warming. To give Captain Planet villains a motive is to miss the point of Captain Planet entirely.

Was anyone else really pissed off with Captain Planet after the false promises of "we're the Planeteers/ you can be one too!/ 'Cause saving our planet is the thing to do"?

I'm still awaiting my magic ring Gia you fuck!

I bet Ma-Ti was a hit with the ladies... him and that "heart" ring...

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
Captain Planet wasn't even a cartoon that I liked during childhood. I only watched it while the shows I really wanted to watch had their commercial break. So why would anyone have the far fetched notion that this movie would be in any way, a good idea.

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
Oh this is going to be a knockoff piece of shit FOR SURE!
Think about it, the Captain Planet cartoon had the MOST straightforward characters, metaphors and representations in the history of cartoons (as far as I can tell).

Kwame from Africa! With the power of Earth! (Huur huuur black guys are strong!)

Wheeler from America! With the power of Fire! (Red headed arrogant asswipe american with the flashiest ring power)

Linka from the Soviet Union! With the power of wind! (Nobody likes the Soviet Union or Russia in general as good guys in media apparantly, in fact her character was changed from a no-nonsense Soviet Union gal to an Eastern Europian gal after the Soviet Union fell)

Gi from southeast Asia! With the power of Water! (She was later stated as being Japanese. And Japan is an island. That means water right? Right?!)

Ma-Ti from the Amazon! With the power of Heart! (Has a pet monkey, as everyone from the Amazon would)

Now, the above statements in brackets are not my own personal opinions of the characters, they are just the most prevelant stereotypes that everyone will naturally FIREBOMB when the movie is released. With that in mind, there is no way the filmmakers will stay too true to the original series, lest they risk being sent truckloads of hatemail about their obvious racial ignorance. Instead, they will probably depart and create lame, faceless, politically correct characters that the whole family can "enjoy", with only the vaugest hints as to their affiliation.

The message of the series will be lost, the villains and the dangers they represent will be dumbed down for the sake of action, and the entire film will be a big, cinema-polluting turd.

I can only hope I am proven drastically wrong.

(One of the villains was named Duke Nukem, if nothing else, let him refrence Duke Nukem Forever in SOME way, 'cause that would be cool)

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
*ahem*

All right guys, let's do this!

EARTH!
BrynThomas said:
FIRE!

Edit: I think it's a good marketing idea, nostalgia sells.
HEART!

OT:Feh. Never liked Captain Planet but it'll still be fun to watch Hollywood ruin it.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
oppp7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
*ahem*

EARTH!
BrynThomas said:
FIRE!

HEART!

OT:Feh. Never liked Captain Planet but it'll still be fun to watch Hollywood ruin it.
Like you just ruined out summoning, eh? It's earth, fire, wind, water, heart.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
oppp7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
*ahem*

EARTH!
BrynThomas said:
FIRE!

HEART!

Well maybe I'm tired of being the loser of the group, always going last in everything and getting no respect! Whenever I tell people I'm part of Captain Planet they say "Oh cool! Does that mean you can shoot fireballs or summon tsunamis?" And I'm like "No, I have the power of heart." And they say "Wow, that's gay. What does that even mean? What could a heart do?" And I can't respond because I DON'T EVEN KNOW! What the hell does a heart do to stop environmental problems?

I'm tired of all this BS. I quit. Here's your f^%^ing ring back...

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
oppp7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
oppp7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
*ahem*

EARTH!
BrynThomas said:
FIRE!

HEART!

Well maybe I'm tired of being the loser of the group, always going last in everything and getting no respect! Whenever I tell people I'm part of Captain Planet they say "Oh cool! Does that mean you can shoot fireballs or summon tsunamis?" And I'm like "No, I have the power of heart." And they say "Wow, that's gay. What does that even mean? What could a heart do?" And I can't respond because I DON'T EVEN KNOW! What the hell does a heart do to stop environmental problems?

It's not useless, you're the final part of the summoning! Your the one that everyone will remember, as you are the last to speak!

YOU CAN TALK TO MONKEYS!

You can influence people. Go into politics!

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
oppp7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
oppp7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
*ahem*

EARTH!
BrynThomas said:
FIRE!

HEART!

It's not useless, you're the final part of the summoning! Your the one that everyone will remember, as you are the last to speak!

YOU CAN TALK TO MONKEYS!

You know, I think I will.
*Becomes a dictator in a 3rd world country and starts ruining the environment building military equipment*

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
oppp7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
oppp7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
oppp7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
*ahem*

EARTH!
BrynThomas said:
FIRE!

HEART!

YOU CAN TALK TO MONKEYS!

*Becomes a dictator in a 3rd world country and starts ruining the environment building military equipment*
*uses power of earth to free oil from the ground*

I'm rich! I'm rich! FUCK YOU, CAPTAIN PLANET!

The people don't wanna save the planet, so why should we bother?

MrPokeylope

Apr 16, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
oppp7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
oppp7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
oppp7 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
*ahem*

EARTH!
BrynThomas said:
FIRE!

HEART!

YOU CAN TALK TO MONKEYS!

*uses power of earth to free oil from the ground*

I'm rich! I'm rich! FUCK YOU, CAPTAIN PLANET!

The people don't wanna save the planet, so why should we bother?
I think you two just figured out the plot...

ManaAdvent

Apr 16, 2010
A hero that looks like Silver Surfer's gay brother with a green mullet. Yeah, that will sell alright.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Just for the record, I'm pretty sure the movie won't have that one villain that loved nuclear waste.

Why?

That villain's name was...(*drum roll please*) ...DUKE NUKEM.

bluemistake2

Sep 25, 2008
omfg this is too epic... im currently in highschool i started randomly singing the theme song during class recently and now pretty much everyone randomly breaks out in singing it with me when i do do it lol

IrirshTerrorist

Jul 25, 2009
Matthew Woo said:
Anyone else hear about the live action Captain Planet movie in production?
:O I'm shocked and excited in equal proportion!

I hope the change things up a little and make the whole movie about him going around assassinating the heads of large corporations who are destroying the planet... and his sidekick is Al Gore in his secret identity as Mr.O-Zone.

... (I need to stop playing so much Assassins Creed2 and also need to stop re-watching old batman movies).