Car Enthusiasts Like Me

Superveloce6

Mar 10, 2011
Just want to talk cars with some people because I am in love with them any kind tuners, muscle, sport, exotic whatever it is you like. What kinda stuff do you do with your car? do you race? Workin on any projects? Got any future plans for your car?

Ill tell mine. I have a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS which when it gets warm I plan on repainting it black sandblasting my motegi MR7 rims and painting them black installing halo headlights with carbon fiber inlay, LED tail lights, cat back exhaust redoing the interior black and lime green carbon fiber hood and there will be more but I cant think of what everything else is at this point. By the way if anyone has any ideas on some ways for me to make money without getting a job for right now I am too busy but I need to make some money so give me some ideas if you can thanks.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I don't have any cars even mentioning but I do have to say I f*cking enjoy driving. Even if I'm a very careful driver who doesn't speed very often[footnote]although in Saskatchewan I would go down deserted highways at speeds really not healthy for my car.[/footnote] I enjoy the physical experience of driving... anywhere!

As for plans with my current cars, keep them running. I'll get a nice car to mess around with when I'm rich but for the moment I'm content with anything that gets me from point A to point B alive.

[HEADING=1]Welcome to the Escapist![/HEADING]

Stay out of the basement, give monthly tributes to the mods, don't be an ass and have fun! I will post links to threads you should read about so you'll know how we do things here.

The rules you need to know. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/codeofconduct]

A guide on how to avoid mod wrath. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.112832-The-Banhammer-and-You-A-Users-Guide-to-the-Forums]

You can find almost all the advice you'll ever need here. There's a guide to posting commands here too. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.202272-The-Escapist-Community-and-Forums-Codex-Index-Guides]

Enjoy your stay!

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
I don't have my own car yet, so I can't tinker with anything unfortunately.
I'll probably get a Midget after I get a job though. There are quite a few floating around here.

Either that or an RX-7.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Eico said:
Redlin5 said:
I don't have any cars even mentioning but I do have to say I f*cking enjoy driving. Even if I'm a very careful driver who doesn't speed very often. Although in Saskatchewan I would go down deserted highways at speeds really not healthy for my car.
Nice. Hopefully if you ever roll it no one else'll be hurt.

Speeding: the genius thing to do :D
Straight highway, good conditions, no cops, temptation to speed.

Those are the four things that compel me to do it. And seeing as Vancouver always lacks this combination, the public is safe.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
I have a fully loaded 2011 Ford Fiesta SES. It's an automatic but it revs like no one's business when you put your foot down on the gas. It has leather seating, heated seats, sun roof, heated side mirrors, ambient lighting, a premium sound system and it has the push-start feature. I love the car not just because it's new with everything but because it's sooo fun to drive. I've only drive cars with AWD/4WD that has as much grip as this FWD car. It was either this or wait for a basic 2012 Ford Focus.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
ITT: people investing in worthless cars.

72 Cutlass Supreme numbers matching, feels sexy man.

derelict

Oct 25, 2009
Superveloce6 said:
Just want to talk cars with some people because I am in love with them any kind tuners, muscle, sport, exotic whatever it is you like. What kinda stuff do you do with your car? do you race? Workin on any projects? Got any future plans for your car?

Ill tell mine. I have a 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS which when it gets warm I plan on repainting it black sandblasting my motegi MR7 rims and painting them black installing halo headlights with carbon fiber inlay, LED tail lights, cat back exhaust redoing the interior black and lime green carbon fiber hood and there will be more but I cant think of what everything else is at this point. By the way if anyone has any ideas on some ways for me to make money without getting a job for right now I am too busy but I need to make some money so give me some ideas if you can thanks.
Ick. Fake speed. Well, I'm sure it'll look nice anyway when its finished.

I'm a bit of a car guy, in the process of finishing up a B1 swap and rebuild into a buddy's Accord so he can have himself some VTEC, we were planning on doing a 100 shot on it too, but that's apparently mothballed for the moment. Used to have an 87 Supra, sold that quite a long time ago, just recently picked up my first bike, 97 Honda CBR600. Have to say the bike is much more fun and scary than any car I've driven. Don't remember any cars I've owned that'll do a wheelie in 2nd gear :D

Money is easy. Mow lawns, paint houses, move stuff on Ebay. There's a billion options, the only lacking thing is your desire to pursue them.

Berethond said:
I don't have my own car yet, so I can't tinker with anything unfortunately.
I'll probably get a Midget after I get a job though. There are quite a few floating around here.

Either that or an RX-7.
If you pick up an older Rex, consider an LS1 swap, or at least plan on changing the apex seals. It's an expensive-ish job but its absolutely necessary for power output. Swapping the LS1 is also kind of expensive, but there won't be much on the road that can pass you afterwards, and if you don't go overboard on super sticky tires, you can keep the original rearend.

Superveloce6

Mar 10, 2011
Good luck with the RX7 those are tough to get a hold of for a good price as far as street cars that is my dream car to have that and nissan skyline or a silvia s15 or a supra i love em all. Honestly if youre into cars at all I would suggest you get an eclipse a 95-99 eclipse nothing later or earlier than that. They are great cars. theyre easy to maintain fun to work on, parts are cheap and easy to find, they look sweet, theyre decently fast, good on gas, dont sound ricey, theyre overall just awesome and the best part is if youre ever stuck with a problem Im here to help and can save you some serious money I know my way inside and out of an eclipse in fact i have saved an unbelievable amount of money because I fix my own problems. ive had some serious projects over the past year and a half ive owned the car.

I broke 2 lug studs changing my rims and replaced both of those which I hadnt done before and I encountered some obstacles so it took me 3 days to do that. Then I shorted out a wire which took out all of my gauge lights so I drove with a pitch black interior for 2 nights and fixed it by disconnecting the dimmer switch and bypassing it I installed and aftermaket front bumper which took some remodeling of the front end to fit it properly I replaced both outside door handles and other little stuff but the great thing is I love doing all of it and it saves a ton of money not taking it to a shop.

Superveloce6

Mar 10, 2011
I know I know the eclipse isnt fast and I want it to be but I dont have the money im only 18. at this point i want it to look nice and once that is taken care of then the engine will either get the boot for another one or will undergo some serious rebuilding. I honestly want to rebuild the whole engine bay and fit something like a supra engine in it idk those plans will be pursued once its a head turner.

derelict

Oct 25, 2009
Being that the Eclipse is front wheel drive, great big negatory on Supra engine swap unless you want a tube chassis race car. Look for a newer Eclipse drivetrain if anything, there's really not a lot of options that don't involve swaps, at least not cheap options. Also, sounds like you cause your own problems rather'n fix em, you followed up that statement with a whole paragraph of things you broke :p

Pick up a Chilton's manual for your car if you plan on fiddling with it- you'll ruin the resale value if you gut the interior and trash the wiring harness. Lug nut tip and bolts tip in general: to put them on, unscrew them first till you feel them 'pop' into place. If its hard to tighten before you get to the bottom of the bolt, you're threading it wrong and you'll ruin the bolt and/or nut.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
My dad has been in the car business for over 40 years; he is one of the greatest salesman I have ever seen and I am not just saying that because he is my dad and I admire him (he has worked for several dealerships and has always been on the top).

Anyways, as the son of an experienced car salesman I have been to many car shows and dealerships and therefore love cars (a lot). Right now I am driving an old piece of crap honda civic but someday I want an import car to customize.

Daveeo

Feb 5, 2011
I currently got my self a bmw 325 e36, Will be getting some neew wheels and later on the whole M-kit for it. But right now i´ll have to get my drivers license and do some rust repairing.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
...I think I'm too much of an anti-(modern)luxury car purist for this thread, but I'll post anyway. My current projects are a 1974 British Leyland Mini 1000 and a 1968 Chevy van. Nothing worth racing at the moment, but I've owned a 12 second Cutlass Supreme in the past.

Superveloce6

Mar 10, 2011
The supra engine swap Was kinda a joke I know it would take way to much to make it work it was just the first engine that came to mind. I know I have caused my own problems but I love fixing them so when it happens Idc. It's not like I broke them on purpose but I don't plan on selling it just passing it on to my younger brother and then taking it back when I can keep it at college I probly won't swap the engine I'll just build the 420a that's in it. I dont want a race car just something that looks and sounds good and blows everything else on the street away.

Apr 8, 2008
I fell in love with a car that is hard to find.The Sunbeam Tiger,from the mid 1960's.There were two versions that I know of,one with a longer rear end (I don't like this one too much) and the later model with the shorter rear end.

Maxwell Smart of the old TV spy show "Get Smart" drove the longer tailed version...and he may have switched over to the shorter one later,but towards the end of the show he was driving a Kharmann Ghia.He must have been demoted.

Andy Rooney, the essayist who appears at the end of the news program "60 Minutes" has a Sunbeam Tiger and like a lot of people he put a Ford V8 engine in it.Chrysler later bought the company but none of their V8s would fit in the small engine bay of the Tiger.

This is the best looking little car within a "normal" price range that I can think of.I'm sure these cars are fairly expensive but probably not as much as a new Benz.I don't know...because I have never seen the particular tiger that I want for sale.--Hint: Andy Rooney is still driving the one I want.But he's almost 90 so maybe some day.--Sorry for the bad joke..I like Andy Rooney and hope he lives to 150.I also hope that he sells me his ride.

The .50 Caliber Cow

Pokemon GO away
Mar 12, 2011
Eico said:
Redlin5 said:
I don't have any cars even mentioning but I do have to say I f*cking enjoy driving. Even if I'm a very careful driver who doesn't speed very often. Although in Saskatchewan I would go down deserted highways at speeds really not healthy for my car.
Nice. Hopefully if you ever roll it no one else'll be hurt.

Speeding: the genius thing to do :D
You're obviously not from the prairies. EVERYBODY SPEEDS.

Even cows.

On Topic:

I don't have anything special to brag about but my 1988 Honda Civic* gets me from point A to point B. That and racing with my friends to the farm is a favorite pastime. Got to love unregulated gravel grid roads!

MOO!

It looks like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a9/88-91_Honda_Civic_hatch.jpg

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
I have posted pictures of my 1994 Cadillac Deville before.

Most people look at it and assume "Big luxury car, it must be slow." Well it isn't. It has a small block V-8, and plenty of torque to go with it.

I smash kids who think their Civics and Accords are fast all the time. The only cars that actually give me trouble are cars designed with speed in mind like the Pontiac Gran Prix GT. Still beat one though.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
derelict said:
If you pick up an older Rex, consider an LS1 swap, or at least plan on changing the apex seals. It's an expensive-ish job but its absolutely necessary for power output. Swapping the LS1 is also kind of expensive, but there won't be much on the road that can pass you afterwards, and if you don't go overboard on super sticky tires, you can keep the original rearend.
Holy GOD dude! An LS1? In an RX-7? That would be insanely fast. Personally, I want to put an LS9 in my Deville, tub out the bottom, and make it rear wheel drive with a Mercedes seven-speed transmission mating the drivetrain.

It should post quite insane numbers for a luxury sedan...