Car Smashing Returns in Super Street Fighter IV

VZLANemesis

Jan 29, 2009
Why the fuck hasn't anybody sat down capcom and told them that we're in the "DLC era" now.
I'd never pay for the new game (util its either extremely cheap, or super SUPER different, which is not)

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
Yeah. Vandalizing cars = <3. I miss this from SFII. Makes me smile. Silly that it's a new game but, it's the business mentality. Why DLC it for like $20 when you can just make a whole other game for $60? I'll probly get it anyway.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Great. Now when someone's car gets trashed here in England the Daily Mail have an excuse to blame it on videogames again.

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
Terramax said:
Great. Now when someone's car gets trashed here in England the Daily Mail have an excuse to blame it on videogames again.
Maybe there should be a game of trashing the daily mail's editor's car :)

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
annoyinglizardvoice said:
Terramax said:
Maybe there should be a game of trashing the daily mail's editor's car :)
To be honest that's something I'd much rather do in real life :D

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
I nice throw-back, mind you I never liked the car stage or barrel stage. I think that makes me inhuman for not caring about them.

Also I'm starting to see a reapeat of history with them releasing so many different version of SF2, they're doing it again!

This sort of stuff should be DLC! Releasing more than one version worked in SNES days due to patches and DLC not existing, but they do know and ignoring them is a sure-fire way to piss people off.

Barky13

Apr 7, 2009
That's nice I guess but to tell the truth I couldn't care less about this game. We're in the age of DLC now. Capcom just can't get away with this anymore.

Cavouku

Mar 14, 2008
I believe that this comic warned us all:

http://www.snafu-comics.com/comics.php?comic_id=294

I would so own with Oscar the Grouch.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, well maybe the Car Smashing stage will come with a hidden Michael Jackson character. Though admittedly he can't smash a car quite as well as the Street Fighter guys, but I figure it could be exagerrated more than the video. :)

zamble

We are GOLDEN!
Sep 28, 2009
So I guess I'm the only one who actually DISLIKES this comeback *hides under the table*

It's just that I always saw those minigames as unchallenging ( you always could break the car / bricks / whatever), time-consuming (once, it's okay, but replaying the game on arcade mode to brush-up your skills 246 times makes those a real time-waster) and just plain silly. I mean, those bonus stages where kind of a bad idea all the games would have back in the 80's, it's not like if the developers really had a new idea, they just followed the trend. They didn't even try to fit it in the game story ("now our challeger will have to break a car, or else...")

Sorry to be such a spoiler...

Woem

May 28, 2009
randommaster said:
Tom Goldman said:
Super Street Fighter IV Turbo: Championship Edition.
I believe you left out Hyper, EX, Remix and HD. At some point we'll probably get an Overcharged SF game.
Oddly enough I remember the makes saying they wouldn't go down that road, but apparently it looks like they will...

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
Woem said:
randommaster said:
Tom Goldman said:
Super Street Fighter IV Turbo: Championship Edition.
I believe you left out Hyper, EX, Remix and HD. At some point we'll probably get an Overcharged SF game.
Oddly enough I remember the makes saying they wouldn't go down that road, but apparently it looks like they will...
The are "The makes?"