Card Hunter - These Are a Few of my Favorite Things

Encaen

May 6, 2005

Given its origin as a browser game, Card Hunter is impressively deep, engaging, and enjoyable.

Read Full Article

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Encaen said:

Given its origin as a browser game, Card Hunter is impressively deep, engaging, and enjoyable.

Read Full Article
Yo, that 'Skip to page 2' link seems to loop right back to the same page.

I can't say this game looks like my cup of tea, genre-wise, but by golly, there have been some stunning-looking indies this year.

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Barbas said:
Encaen said:

Read Full Article
Yo, that 'Skip to page 2' link seems to loop right back to the same page.

I can't say this game looks like my cup of tea, genre-wise, but by golly, there have been some stunning-looking indies this year.
That's odd. Link seems to work for me. Not sure how that might have happened, but thanks for the heads up!

More to come on the indie front. Working on better methods for devs and fans to submit games for consideration, which I'm hoping will allow more breadth in the indies we're talking about. We've democratized development at this point, and hope to bring that to coverage opportunities as well!

Halbert

Jul 13, 2008
Ah, I played this for a while. It's been a year or so since I last touched it, but my impressions, from what I remember:

-Random nature of loot and gear rarity really pushes freemium nature of the game (i.e. It's hard to advance if you aren't paying for loot)
-Rare gear rewards for online PVP seems to emphasize it over and above solo play
-Once you finish the core adventure story, there is meager offerings for F2P players (That's an old impression, and it's difficult to hold that against them, all things considered.)

All the same, it's a fun game, especially if you hold a soft spot in your heart for classic D&D adventures.