Carrie Fisher Will Appear in Episode IX, Brother Confirms

Naldan

You Are Interested. Certainly.
Feb 25, 2015
Well, as some commentors said, they've told us that they won't use CGI. But if that's the case, how will this work out in Episode 9?

Would you consider Paul Walker's or Leia's (RO) appearances as CGI as Tarkin was? Could you tolerate one over the other?

I personally don't even have anything against CGI-ing dead actors. I was really impressed by Tarkin and think, if no corners get cut, Leia might become even better.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
The Enquirer said:
RJ 17 said:
Yay! It's gonna be Grand Moff Tarkin all over again! Who needs living actors when you can just CGI up their ghosts! :D

Hold onto your Cheesy-Poofs, everyone! We're heading back to the bottom of the Uncanny Valley!

Benny the Jew said:
They've already promised no CGI, so they're going with claymation. I just know it.
They promised that they weren't going to do anything with Leia and because of that Episode IX was going through MASSIVE re-writes. Apparently it's easier to go back on your word than to be forced into drastically changing the plot.

To be fair...it actually is easier to do that considering how integral Leia is to the story, so I don't necessarily blame them. But now that they've confirmed that they're just going to say "Screw it! We're keeping her in there!" all bets are officially off in terms of how they do this.
They stated already (and again in this article) that they wouldn't recreate her with CGI.
And I'm just cynical enough to not believe them.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
I'm kind of hoping the appearance is her funeral. I don't say that to be mean, but Leia Organa was one of the biggest public faces of the Rebellion and a bonified war hero, so her passing would be something of note and I think the film's should acknowledge that. It also allows a measure of completion for her fans without terribly intruding on the Fisher family's actual memorial or greiving time.