Cars and you...

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I searched but didnt find anything so...

What car do you drive? Do you like it? What do you like/dislike about it? What would you drive in an ideal world?

Ill start.

I have a vauxhall Corsa. Its a hatch back and I like it. Its economical, easy to drive around town but doesnt feel strained on the motorway. The half leather interior is nice, I like the alloys and tinted windows and its piss easy to reverse and park.

In an ideal world Id drive an Audi R8. What a beast, I love the headlights. Probably in ASBO Orange.

Whos next?

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
My experience is pretty limited, since I never actually passed my driving test. First of all, I was learning in a Nissan Micra, which was pretty poor. After changing instructors, I found myself learning in a Peugeot 206, which was really quite nice. Then I got stitched up by my boss (his son needed my job, apparently) and ended up not working for a while afterwards. Now I live in London, I don't really need to drive.

As for what I'd like to drive... something like a nice business-like Jaguar. Anything really fast would be a bit wasteful since I've watched enough Road Wars to make me too paranoid to properly stick my foot down, so I'd sacrifice that for comfort and elegance.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
I've been trying to get my mum to teach my driving for ages, but she says she wants to wait 'till I'm seventeen.
Only nine more days.

As for cars, I don't much care for them. As long as it works, it's good enough for me.

JAPH42

Feb 11, 2009
I take the bus, and during the day I walk. (I'm at college, and never have to walk more than a mile at a time)

Danzaivar

Jul 13, 2004
Black Renault Clio campus atm. Before that had a boy-racer blue Corsa hatchback followed by a pale blue ford fiesta.

One day I dream of having a navy blue Audi TT. They're so damn nice...

Clirck

Mar 19, 2009
I Have a car but can't drive it yet :D
Its russian Lada 110.

Am really fond of muscle cars especially 69' Charger.

Marblewood

Jul 9, 2008
I drive a Opel Astra F (a.k.a. Vauxhall Astra in some countries) from 1995, have the same opinion as the OP about the corsa. I just absolutey hate its color (fainted, not cool red). In an ideal world I'd drive something like a Opel Insignia, very sexy cars.I like the Audi R8's aswell, I saw one a couple of times on the motorway, almost crashed because I kept looking at it.

AfricanSwallow

Jan 17, 2009
I drive a black 2001 Malibu LS with tan leather, and it is my child.

http://images.automotive.com/stock/300/CHEVROLET/MALIBU/2001/4SA%20LS.JPG

I keep the sunroof open, as long as it's not pouring rain, even in the winter. (I live in Southern Ontario).

Drives beautifully, and once upon a time was known to blow the doors off of little Honda Civics with their lawn-mower-noise exhaust pipes.
The beauty of having two extra cylinders, when all six are bigger.

Ideal car? Not affordable anytime soon.
The next realistic ride will probably be a used Dodge Dakota, preferably crew cab with at least the six foot box.
Dark green or the champagne colour they were made in from 2001-06 I think.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
Wow such little driving experience here... oh well okay I'll go.

Started to learn in a

Vauxhall Nova

failed my first test and then left it for a few years. Retook my test in a

Vauxhall Corsa.

Passed my test in that. First car was a

J Plate Rover Metro

Had that for two years before it failed it's MOT. I then moved on to an

N Plate Vauxhall Corsa

Had that for a year and then moved on to an

02 Volkswagen Polo

Had that for another year until I got my nice high paying job and then moved on to the car I currently have.

57 Volkswagen Golf R32

Great GT car, nice, quiet on long drives fast as shit off a shovel when I want to get heavy with the loud pedal.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
My wife and I had both had a procession of hand-me-down cars from parents and relatives, so when we finally both had good jobs and could finally get a brand new car, we splurged and went with a '04 BMW X3, fully kitted out, in Midnight Blue Metallic.

It's a great car. A little thirsty, but it will get up and go; also, the traction control provides very good stability and safety when we go up to the mountains to go snowboarding, or when the weather comes down and visits us here in the city.

If I could drive anything, reason or realism being no barrier?

http://www.one-77.com/

Realistically, in a couple of years I might be able to achieve my dream of owning a Porsche.

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
I've got a black 2001 Jeep Wrangler. It's ridiculously fun to take off road. Also, it's fun to drive with the top off. It also has a really tight turn radius, which makes navigating parking lots much easier.

If it were an ideal world, I'd have a Louts Exige. Take a peek at it. (I don't like the white in this pic. I'd probably go for a dark green) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Exiges_show.jpg It's known for pretty much being a go-kart when it comes to cornering.

Bullfrog1983

Dec 3, 2008
I don't like to drive, and at the moment cannot afford it. I take the bus pretty much anywhere I need to go.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
My car is a bike. It works fine for me. In the winter I take the metro. I'm bad at multitasking and thus think I would be a bad driver. I also feel that I contribute enough to human waste without driving a car.

Dantes Alaska

Jan 31, 2009
i drive when ever i can, i dont have a car yet, so i drive my parents, either a chevy impala or a Pontiac vibe, i am trying to save up for one, i want an eclipse, any model after '97

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
Ive always driven hatch backs but living in texas has given me an itch for a pick up truck. So impracticle in England but still...

The biggest thing that keeps me in small cars is parasitic road tax.

My Corsa is £120 for the year. My partners Ford Puma (nice, but I prefer mine) is £210 a year. Add high petrol prices and motoring is a slag in the UK. I wouldnt mind paying road tax if the roads were looked after but theyre not.

garfoldsomeoneelse

Charming, But Stupid
Mar 22, 2009

This is my F-150. It runs on an underpowered V6 to save on fuel.
Still, it's large and somewhat difficult to maneuver, so I've named it "Leviathan".

Fairee

Mar 25, 2009
I don't drive.

My folks (I still live at home - not that it's relevant) have a Peugot Partner thingy (there's another word but I can't remember what).

Like a van. With (on our current model) crap doors that don't slide properly.