Casting She-Hulk

Kl4pp5tuhl

Apr 15, 2009
Who would you pick? I thought about this after I glimpsed my old issue of She-Hulk when my sister happened to watch a french movie at the same time, and it had Mylene Jampanoi in it.

http://www.lilith-ezine.com/articles/entertainment/images/She-Hulk-06.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9uTNnVfQ7Eg/TLZNwCKly5I/AAAAAAAABxE/azTpHdnsAA8/s1600/IMG_1386.JPG

Perfect Match to me. You'd have to add the extra muscles via CGI though, but that's not an issue these days.

What about you guys, who would be your choice for the role of She-Hulk?

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
I hate to say it, but if the she-hulk character is anything like what I know of the male counterpart, I can't think of a single woman I hate badly enough to suggest for the role.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Heronblade said:
I hate to say it, but if the she-hulk character is anything like what I know of the male counterpart, I can't think of a single woman I hate badly enough to suggest for the role.
as far Im aware shes not

she more or less has control of the "hulk" thing

ace_of_something

Sep 19, 2008
All they need to do is find a chick who's 6'8ish and has double D breasts that don't sag at all and paint her green. Right?

Or ya know, mocap someone.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Oh lord....She-Hulk....*facepalm*

I think it kind of defeats the purpose of The Hulk to be honest. The point of The Hulk is learning to control your animal instincts and rage (the plotline of everything ever involving The Hulk ever) and this....just isn't a problem with She-Hulk. She's just a green body-builder. There isn't any depth or internal conflict with the character. Its just a stupid looking gender-swap.

If we want a strong, empowered woman lead character, then we need to get a good revival of Wonder Woman.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Don Savik said:
Oh lord....She-Hulk....*facepalm*

I think it kind of defeats the purpose of The Hulk to be honest. The point of The Hulk is learning to control your animal instincts and rage (the plotline of everything ever involving The Hulk ever) and this....just isn't a problem with She-Hulk. She's just a green body-builder. There isn't any depth or internal conflict with the character. Its just a stupid looking gender-swap.

If we want a strong, empowered woman lead character, then we need to get a good revival of Wonder Woman.
wasnt the charachter of she-hulk always just a kind of.."cash grab" or somthing (or they made her just for owning copyright or somthing)

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
You could always cast Snookie. Wouldnt even have to have a make up trailer :D

But honestly, i cant think of any woman who would really fit the role. Its one of those things only ONE person will ever be right for. Like the Terminator, God ((played by Morgan Freeman)) or Morpheus. Finding that person is going to be TOUGH. And i could never envy the person who would have to.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Kl4pp5tuhl said:
Perfect Match to me. You'd have to add the extra muscles via CGI though,
Why? why CGI?
Do what they did with the 300 movie and put her on an insane training routine 9-12 months before the movie is to start filming.

Otherwise I think the match is good but she's a bit cute for the role?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Don Savik said:
Isn't Black Widow a good alternative who's already in the movie business?
Or Storm from X-Men I think is also a pretty...
*reads again*
oh lead character... well black widow gets my attention the most in Avengers and Iron Man anyways!

Lalo Lomeli

Sep 9, 2011
She-Hulk had been (at least lately) as a comedy character. Sure, she can punch bad guys but it's more about all the drama of being a green lawyer in a marvel universe while everyone assumes that you fucked the Juggernaut for some reason.

All in all it would make a better lawyer tv show.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Yeah, I got a better idea, How about skipping casting anyone, and simply dont do She Hulk. Seriously its one of those things that could ruin a film franchise on par with the tag team of Ben Afleck and Jennifer Garner between daredevil and Electra back to back. Seriously She Hulk could do it all by her self even in a cameo role.

What is this even for?

A char that paper thin couldnt hold up an entire film, I think studios are now shy of the hulk as a property in general, so no cameo there.... Seriously I cant even conceive just how many different ways this would be a bad idea.

EDIT: Well considering thats never stopped Hollywood before.. If you HAVE to get it cast... Gina Torres would make for a unique option. Also, I forget her name, but the gigantic woman they cast for Game of THrones second season, though I doubt she has the proper level of feminimity to pull it off.