Castle/Fort building RPGs?

Flammarion

Nov 26, 2007
Spectrum_Prez said:
little.09 said:
i know there is a fallout 3 mod that does this although its a town not a fortress. But i cant remember the name of it
Here's a [a href=http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7070]link[/a] to it. I spent quite a bit of time with it last year, it's good fun and not too buggy. It really lacks in scale though, I wish there was a version of this with more features. My scripting skills with the Construction set (ok, GECK) are non-existent though, woe is me, or else I would have a look at it.
While that looks interesting it sound like it'd be too static. You don't actually go out and DO things for the settlement, you just make it. And choosing when it gets attacked is kinda lame :/

Mordwyl

Feb 5, 2009
I am developing a game with this element as a major feature. It's not quite an RPG as it is an action god game. You wouldn't believe how nitpicking a game like this could be.

Don't forget the first Actraiser.

Kandon Arc

Mar 10, 2009
Yeah M&B Warband is probably the best thing I can think of for this, but some of the DLC for Oblivion is quite good, particularly the castle that you can buy things like guards, trainers, and furnishings for. It's pretty limited but worth downloading if you already have the game.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
Dark Cloud 1 & 2 on the PS2 were like that. Magazines at the time called them a cross between Final Fantasy and Theme Park.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
Don't forget about the Stronghold Series, where you act as the lord of the land and create your own town, including building your own castle walls and defenses.