WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
And Luigi is dead.

Also Zero is in the game!

... he's an assist trophy but at least he's there.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Tank207 said:
Also Zero is in the game!

... he's an assist trophy but at least he's there.
That explains why he isn't in Megaman's final smash since they have Proto Man and Bass in it.

Also King K Rool, Dark Samus, and Chrom are in.

Zeraki

Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
I was also overjoyed that Shovel Knight made it in the game as an assist trophy.

I am legitimately curious who they'll be revealing next, more echo characters are a given but the idea of what all-new characters they can add has me excited.

I'm still holding out hope that Banjo and Kazooie are going to be brought in at some point.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Chrom, K.Rool and the Inklings were all promoted from Mii Costumes. Maybe we'll see a few more of those, like Lloyd Irving or... someone else I can't think of right now.

I mean, so was Knuckles, so they could just be Assist Trophies, but being an Assist Trophy is still a cool thing. Right, guys? ...Guys?

...Actually, speaking of Knuckles, it's interesting that we haven't seen hide or quill of Shadow yet.

One last thing. Who actually believes that the censored green section is a new story/adventure mode? Because I'll point out three things for you:
-Sakurai is a troll.
-Sakurai is on record that the reason he didn't make a new adventure mode for 3DS/WiiU is because people uploaded the cutscenes onto Youtube.
-Smash Tour also had a green box on the main menu of WiiU. (Apparently Smash Run's colour is closer, but I never played 3DS.)

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
I'm happy for Castlevania fans but i honestly couldn't give any less of a shit about that series.

Yoshi178

Aug 15, 2014
leet_x1337 said:
One last thing. Who actually believes that the censored green section is a new story/adventure mode?
it's clearly Smash tour 2.0. :)

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
There's already a thread for this arguably. But regardless, I'll say here what I said there, that the cinematics looked more interesting as a potential Castlevania game in of itself. And that I don't get why so many guest characters come to Smash Brothers while so many actual Nintendo characters/IPs have no representation (but again, haven't played since Melee, so meh).

Zeraki

Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Hawki said:
There's already a thread for this arguably. But regardless, I'll say here what I said there, that the cinematics looked more interesting as a potential Castlevania game in of itself. And that I don't get why so many guest characters come to Smash Brothers while so many actual Nintendo characters/IPs have no representation (but again, haven't played since Melee, so meh).
At this point I think Sakurai is mostly trying to deliver on fan demand as much as possible(hell Shovel Knight made it in as an assist trophy, which was shocking). Simon/Castlevania has been heavily requested by fans for as long as I can remember.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
King K. Rool is my favorite addition so far (would be Shovel Knight if he wasn't just an assist trophy).

With Ridley and Rool in the game now, the odds that Geno gets his day in the sun have never been higher. Please Sakurai, grant my wish. Give me Geno! I've been praying for him since Melee was announced!

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Fappy said:
King K. Rool is my favorite addition so far (would be Shovel Knight if he wasn't just an assist trophy).

With Ridley and Rool in the game now, the odds that Geno gets his day in the sun have never been higher. Please Sakurai, grant my wish. Give me Geno! I've been praying for him since Melee was announced!
I get the feeling he will become an assist trophy. And really it all depends how much further they work with Square. It was a miracle they got Cloud of all people to be in this game.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
And yet despite putting in this huge roster of characters everyone is still going to be doing the 'No items, Fox only, Final Destination' thing.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Canadamus Prime said:
And yet despite putting in this huge roster of characters everyone is still going to be doing the 'No items, Fox only, Final Destination' thing.
Its like taking a beautiful picture of a rainbow and going 'this should be in grayscale'.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Its a little weird since Castlevania is a dead franchise owned by an even deader game company.

totheendofsin

some asshole made me set this up
Jul 31, 2009
Hades said:
Its a little weird since Castlevania is a dead franchise owned by an even deader game company.
I mean, Megaman was a dead series when he was added to Smash Bros

nah, Bayonetta is the busted character this time around

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Hades said:
So is Earthbound. (Well, not the 'owned by deader game company' part, but still) And people only know who the Ice Climbers are because of Smash Bros.

Simon's inclusion is more a celebration of NES Castlevania than Castlevania as a whole. Not like they added Lords of Shadow's protagonist to the game.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I think there's a clear difference between Megaman and the Earthbound boys owned by Capcom and Nintendo, and Castlevania owned by Konami. Nintendo and Capcom aren't dead like Konami and haven't shown any desire to burn their gaming divisions to the ground.

Nintendo might not had any concrete plans to release Earthbound on the virtual console at the time but keeping Ness and Lucas in Smash meant that an interest would always be there. When it came to Kid Icarus they could use the newfound interest that Smash gave Pit to create a new game out of it. Capcom was awful to the blue bomber but putting him in Smash was a nice gesture to Megaman fans who they could then later court with a new Megaman game.

Konami lacks this motivation. Creating hype for Castlevania gives them nothing because they don't want new castlevania games. What they most likely want is every Castlevania and Metal Gear fans to shut up and just let them continue their pachinko business. Konami doesn't want a new Castlavania so why would they deliberately get fans hyped, perhaps even hyped enough to start making those annoying requests for new games again?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Hades said:
I think there's a clear difference between Megaman and the Earthbound boys owned by Capcom and Nintendo, and Castlevania owned by Konami. Nintendo and Capcom aren't dead like Konami and haven't shown any desire to burn their gaming divisions to the ground.

Nintendo might not had any concrete plans to release Earthbound on the virtual console at the time but keeping Ness and Lucas in Smash meant that an interest would always be there. When it came to Kid Icarus they could use the newfound interest that Smash gave Pit to create a new game out of it. Capcom was awful to the blue bomber but putting him in Smash was a nice gesture to Megaman fans who they could then later court with a new Megaman game.

Konami lacks this motivation. Creating hype for Castlevania gives them nothing because they don't want new castlevania games. What they most likely want is every Castlevania and Metal Gear fans to shut up and just let them continue their pachinko business. Konami doesn't want a new Castlavania so why would they deliberately get fans hyped, perhaps even hyped enough to start making those annoying requests for new games again?
Eh, I think this will only remind Castlevania fans how far Konami has fallen. Its really more of a 'Hey remember when Castlevania was good? Too bad it sucks now'.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Saelune said:
Canadamus Prime said:
Its like taking a beautiful picture of a rainbow and going 'this should be in grayscale'.
That is very apt analogy.
totheendofsin said:
nah, Bayonetta is the busted character this time around
Point missed entirely.