Castlevania Rises on 3DS

LZeroK

May 25, 2009
Like pretty much everyone has said I would like a metroidvania better, to the point that I would feel like buying a 3DS.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
TizzytheTormentor said:
Why does it have to be a LoS sequel, why not a new one or a remake of another game? Symphony of the Night would be a great choice.
well they are probably not making a new one because the three new ones on the DS (at least from what I know) didn't sell well.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
nuba km said:
TizzytheTormentor said:
Why does it have to be a LoS sequel, why not a new one or a remake of another game? Symphony of the Night would be a great choice.
well they are probably not making a new one because the three new ones on the DS (at least from what I know) didn't sell well.
VGChartz has all three DS games at between 0.3M and 0.36M sales. Lords of Shadow - a game which must have had much higher production values simply due to the difference in style and being a full fledged home console game and whatnot - at 0.45M sales.

"Selling well" is a matter of relativity, but it doesn't seem like LoS did significantly better. There's certainly no evidence of it being because they took on a new alternate universe as opposed to remaining with Castlevania's old one.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Eh, they should keep the third person action games to the consoles and keep the metriodvanias on the handhelds.

That being said I haven't played a 3DS so maybe the controls and graphics can handle thins kind of thing well. I know they were fairly weak in third person action games on the DS.

Alhazred

May 10, 2012
Hooray, Castlevania is back! I've been in need of a new Metroidvania game; I was thinking about replaying Super Metroid the other day...

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
We finally get a 3DS Castlevania, and it's a continuation of lords of shadows?
Damn you Kojima, ruining my Castlevania!
Die monster you don't belong in this world!

Warachia

Aug 11, 2009
Something I find hilarious is it is really hard to fuck up Castlevania, and the story in particular, yet LoS certainly did both of those, not really looking forward to a sequel.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Souplex said:
What is a man?

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
Aiddon said:
Souplex said:
What is a man?
A miserable little pile of sequels.
Lords of shadows was like watching Kojima having sex with my girlfriend.
This is like learning she got knocked up from it.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Souplex said:
A miserable little pile of sequels.
Lords of shadows was like watching Kojima having sex with my girlfriend.
This is like learning she got knocked up from it.
But enough talk, have at them!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Blitzwing said:
Haven?t we though? I mean how many times has Dracula come back now?
Many, but the Demon Castle War was when he was defeated "once and for all". We at least deserve a game about that :|

Post Tenebrae Morte

Jun 6, 2011
I have to love how, a presumably "gaming" website has a bunch of misinformation that sites like Nintendo everything and destruction have gotten correct.

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4980.0.html

How about you all read that before being so presumptuous about a game that hasn't even released a video?