Castrating a Hippo Is More Difficult Than You Might Think

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
theluckyjosh said:
This screams for a game to be made on the topic.

Call it 'Horny, Horny Hippo'.
Would probably be an interesting sequel to Surgeon Sumulator: Veterinarian Simulator!

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
It takes cojones to get that close to a hippos cojones. Hippos are practically the Chuck Norris of the animal kingdom.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Now film an episode of Dirty Jobs using this new technique. It's always fun watching Mike Rowe's face as the vet/farm hand explains the procedure.

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
o_O

Okay then... Yay for science I guess. Hopefully I'm never in a position where I'll need this knowledge.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Has the escapist stopped giving a shit about what's put on as news? Interesting read, but very, um, different from what we usually get.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
I think I know how this random article came into being.

Escapist: We need a news story from you today!
Josh Engen: But it's really slow right now. There's really nothi-
Escapist: I don't care. You need to find one right now.
Josh Engen: >_> *browses around for a random-ass story*

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
BigTuk said:
Huh... I smell a new Surgeo Simulator Mod coming.

But curious to note that hippos seem to be the only mammalian species that doesn't have their jewels just dangling around ... I mean damn, what would you give to have your nuts safely burried deep in your body... then again... that would mean no nutshot videeos and the cancelation of AFHV .... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...tough call.
I thought the same... only DLC.

Is it really more difficult than you might think? I can think it'd be pretty freaking difficult...

II2

Mar 13, 2010
You could probably play an absolutely horrible round of minigolf / put put with them afterwards to celebrate a successful procedure.

Tilted_Logic

Apr 2, 2010
I was extremely confused and concerned wondering why this could possibly be necessary until clicking the link.

I must say though, if over-population of Hippos in zoos is a problem, yet their numbers are suffering in the wild... Why don't they... I dunno, release some of them?

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
YAY SCIENCE
Well, you never know when you'll need such information...
Might be a fun conversation starter at the new years party.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Well. As stated previously by other Escapists, easily the most random ass article I've seen on here. That being said, I can't rightly deny the laughter factor of said randomness. Escapist, kudos for making my day that much weirder. I did contemplate not clicking the article but like a train wreck I couldn't resist looking.
You did not disappoint even if it really honestly had nothing to do with games, media or anything remotely geek. Except if you happen to be a zoology geek then its "YAY SCIENCE... Wtf?"

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
Somewhere in Vienna champagne corks are popping, this is the greatest moment of a researcher's life thus far, a few people across the world are excited to learn of this huge relevant advancement in the veterinary care of Hippopotamus. To everybody else it was a Friday.

Perspective gained!

Think about this the next time you are going to explain why your character in Skyrim is so awesome.

Catcha: "they ate it"

Aw hell no.