Cat Maintenance

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
Nick, I can't say enough how much I love Fraught With Peril. Your illustrations fit the absurdity of your comics perfectly.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I was never one for manual maintenance. I send my cat to the mechanic when it breaks down and hope for the best.

I DO know how to change the fish oil periodically, if nothing else.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
It's cheaper to just throw your cat out and replace it than it is to fix it. They make new cats so cheaply these days.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Cat recycling is a burgeoning green industry.
There is also the consideration of leasing rather than buying.
It?s a more humane option if you want a new model every few years and worry about residual values.
The moment that cat steps off the porch your investment declines.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Nick Lerman said:
Cat Maintenance

I prefer the muscle cats of the 60's and 70's.

Read Full Article
Could you identify the Physics Defiance Modulator that allows cats to do the impossible? I've been wondering which part that is so I could install that in my Henchgoats... It'd save a lot of unnecessary cat vivisection.

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I rarely understand these comics, but by god do I love 'em.

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
I miss the 1970s, back when I could just work with my cat in the garage with my Pop, smoking a cigarette and listening to rock and roll. Ever since the Siamese started importing small, food-efficient cats everyone has had to compete with computer technology, and now you can't get into the cat-guts anymore. Today's kids think that if you add a fancy collar to your cat that makes you a veterinarian. And what I really hate is how for no reason at all sometimes a cat will start giving off a warning purr and only an authorized cat dealer can quiet the damn thing. Anyone who really loves cats buys classic American cats from the 1960s.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
One of the main reasons for people's cats to break down, I found, is that they put the purring oscillator whirl on a frequency and intensity their cats just can't handle. Sure, the effect may be nice for a bit, but it can cut the life expectancy of the motor by months or even years. Not worth it and frankly a total waste of fine machinery, I say.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the treats, not the cat flap, not my litter box and all its cat shit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm MEOW."
-The Fast and The Furryious

Gorrath

Feb 22, 2013
amaranth_dru said:
Nick Lerman said:
Cat Maintenance

Read Full Article
Could you identify the Physics Defiance Modulator that allows cats to do the impossible? I've been wondering which part that is so I could install that in my Henchgoats... It'd save a lot of unnecessary cat vivisection.
I can field that question for you. According to Heinlein, the cat defies physics simply because it doesn't know that it can't.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
amaranth_dru said:
Nick Lerman said:
Cat Maintenance

Read Full Article
I am contractually obligated to avoid discussions involving feline modulation.
Apologies, I should have mentioned that earlier.
I can say that this kind of proprietary technology is not intended for the use in goats.
You will void your warranties.

Prince Regent

Dec 9, 2007
Always label the nuts and bolts that you take out though. Whenever I put my cat back together after maintenance I'm always left with spare parts that I don't know what to do with.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Wow. Just last week I was trying to find some Cat Style split flanges for my cat's leaky LINK [http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/y3omtb/futurama-bowel-battle].

Nicely drawn Nick. I have to question your scale on this one. There is a tiny, tiny cutting torch which seems to be smaller than the chair in the far background. The impact wrench seems "okay", but would just barely fit in the toolbox. But I am going to let it all slide because of the naked kitty centerford and the fact that the garage is a crappy Quonset hut. Classic. Makes me want to get to work on that old 1969 Bobcat.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Clankenbeard said:
Wow. Just last week I was trying to find some Cat Style split flanges for my cat's leaky LINK [http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/y3omtb/futurama-bowel-battle].

Nicely drawn Nick. I have to question your scale on this one. There is a tiny, tiny cutting torch which seems to be smaller than the chair in the far background. The impact wrench seems "okay", but would just barely fit in the toolbox. But I am going to let it all slide because of the naked kitty centerford and the fact that the garage is a crappy Quonset hut. Classic. Makes me want to get to work on that old 1969 Bobcat.
A cat that size requires some special tools. You can rent them from the manufacturer.
I wont bore you with the details.

I want a Quonset in my back yard but the wife is negatron.

The centerfold is my favorite part!
You are brilliant for noticing.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
ThunderCavalier said:
I swear, this webcomic is one mindfuck after another.

Is it bad when I'm say I'm enjoying that?
No, it's cool you enjoy it. I wish I did, I just look at them and I can't get past the art style, and while I get the point, I just don't derive enjoyment. But seriously, I wish I did.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Leon Declis said:
No, it's cool you enjoy it. I wish I did, I just look at them and I can't get past the art style, and while I get the point, I just don't derive enjoyment. But seriously, I wish I did.
I wish you did too.
There probably isn't much hope for our relationship if you don't like the art and don't enjoy the humor.
I think we might need to take a break.
We need some time to sort out all these conflicting thoughts and emotions.
It's not you, it's me. I hope we can still be friends.