Catch Video Games Live for Free

xyrafhoan

Jan 11, 2010
I went to Video Games Live in Vancouver, and since I had gone to see FF Distant Worlds a couple months before that, I wasn't really impressed by the quality of sound in the venue, or the overload of corporate sponsorship, but my friends ended up in the costume contest and had a decent run at it, plus they had Vampire Killer playing near the end in their Castlevania medley. And they had an awesome Megaman medley, too. Not sure if I'd pay that kind of money again especially with stage lights being focused directly into my eyes for so long, but if they performed in the Orpheum instead, or at least improved the sound quality for the back seats and ditch those damn lights, I'd go again. They got the entertainment part down, but the sound quality was pretty dodgey and I paid good money to hear good music.

I'm not sure if I'd be able to enjoy a broadcast on PBS if only because it's a live concert, and I am a borderline audiophile who rages at poor-quality recordings. Live orchestra suffers the most when you lose a lot of the beautiful sound immersion.

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
1:36-1:44 = Martin Leung. An -amazing- pianist that I grew up with. We used to play Sonic games together (back when they were good).

I'm embarrassed to admit we shared the same piano teacher at one point in time. The guy always had like... 10x more talent in his little pinky than I had altogether. If I remember correctly, he composed one of his first pieces in grade-school.

He's pretty cool because he's also a very nice guy.

FYI, he's also this dood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFZki6TcY4w

Space Jawa

Feb 2, 2010
What do you know, something on PBS worth watching that isn't Antiques Roadshow or Red Green (Red Green was on PBS, right?)

halfeclipse

Nov 8, 2008
Brotherofwill said:
1:10 to 1:18

What a sad mockery of classical music. For shame.

Where was it ever said this was classical music?

Khell_Sennet said:
Why oh why do you have to bring up VGL? Are you trying to rub salt in this wound, is your heart so black that you delight in tormenting me?

2010, the year Video Games Live didn't come to Edmonton, it makes me a sad panda. Loved the '08 show, loved the '09 show, and was SO looking forward to VGL2010, but there is not going to be one. No VGL till mid-lade 2011.

+1
They were susposed to come to Toronto this yea but that got pushed back to 2011. Though I guess VGL on TV is better then no VGL.