Catherine Will Feature "Topless Female Demons"

Wireframefool

Mar 20, 2011
Yeah, I don't really see how this is news. I mean, yeah, you can expect nudity in a game about sex and a person dealing with two lovers. Seriously, it HAS been out a while in Japan, so i'm surprised this article popped up around now.

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
I don't get it really...fellas see boobs almost all the time now, TV, Movies, and most video games with women in them.

Why is it still a shock every single time?

o_O

Nocturnal Gentleman

Mar 12, 2010
Tin Man said:
Are you shitting me? God of War has, in absolutely NO uncertain terms, Kratos engage in reverse gangbangs with entire brothels of very willing, very vocal, whores.

Shadow Hearts had a class of enemy that attempted to beat you to death with their dicks.

Try harder Catherine.
Not to mention there's a boss in SMT: Nocturne that's pretty much a giant penis with tentacles.

Retosa

Jul 10, 2010
You know, the funniest part of this is how they're pushing the fact that there are demonic boobs... Yet, I know for a fact I've seen demonic tits in quite a few games... And the demonic tits were never mentioned as far as I could tell... Now I'm gonna have to go through my collection to find some demonic tits and figure out which games had them.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
GreyKnight3445 said:
so? Dragon Age had female demons with nipple caps connected with a little chain.
World of Warcraft is almost at that point
The Witcher...well... its The Witcher.

This is pretty weak as an attempt to score controversy publicity.

But with Fox News being as pants on head retarded as it is (They targetted Mass Effect as a sex fest when Dragon age let you drip your companions to their undies and has more sex scene time than the average Garrus x Sheppard fanfiction) I wouldnt be surprised if they did target this game.
I think people are missing a key point here.

There seems to be this underlying assumption that this is going to be some kind of deep, character driven story or whatever. Atlus being famous in the US right now mostly for things like "Persona" and what it has to say about the human condition, which comes accross masterfulyl both through the storyline and the statistical portions of the gameplay mechanics. By all accounts that's not what it is.

Catherine, as far as most descriptions and actual gameplay leaks have shown, is at it's core a block/puzzle game, sure there is an interesting framing device, but the very nature of the game sort of precludes it from being anything quite on the level of Persona with all the eyes that raised. Not to mention the simple fact that the attention Persona received along with things like the "Rapelay" contreversy does seem to be influacing Japan's creativity in getting them to tone it down a bit, or at least to keep things that are going to be a big deal elsewhere Japan-only.

The lack of concern probably has a lot to do with the simple fact that even with some racy cut scenes and a menu/hub set inside a bar, you can only get so upset over a block puzzle game.

GreyKnight3445

Nov 2, 2010
Therumancer said:
GreyKnight3445 said:
so? Dragon Age had female demons with nipple caps connected with a little chain.
World of Warcraft is almost at that point
The Witcher...well... its The Witcher.

This is pretty weak as an attempt to score controversy publicity.

But with Fox News being as pants on head retarded as it is (They targetted Mass Effect as a sex fest when Dragon age let you drip your companions to their undies and has more sex scene time than the average Garrus x Sheppard fanfiction) I wouldnt be surprised if they did target this game.
I think people are missing a key point here.

There seems to be this underlying assumption that this is going to be some kind of deep, character driven story or whatever. Atlus being famous in the US right now mostly for things like "Persona" and what it has to say about the human condition, which comes accross masterfulyl both through the storyline and the statistical portions of the gameplay mechanics. By all accounts that's not what it is.

Catherine, as far as most descriptions and actual gameplay leaks have shown, is at it's core a block/puzzle game, sure there is an interesting framing device, but the very nature of the game sort of precludes it from being anything quite on the level of Persona with all the eyes that raised. Not to mention the simple fact that the attention Persona received along with things like the "Rapelay" contreversy does seem to be influacing Japan's creativity in getting them to tone it down a bit, or at least to keep things that are going to be a big deal elsewhere Japan-only.

The lack of concern probably has a lot to do with the simple fact that even with some racy cut scenes and a menu/hub set inside a bar, you can only get so upset over a block puzzle game.
or I didnt read the article posted first based solely on the title like a child? that`s a possibility too.

Custard_Angel

Aug 6, 2009
I would love to see Yahtzee review this game.

I'm pretty sure it would consist of a box in the corner of the review that constantly flashed
"WTF Japan".

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
wait, didn't this game get like mediocre reviews? or review
lol well us Westerners will just have to wait and see...tho I really don't find myself caring all that much
I mean what'd they expect us to do? get all excited or something? :p

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
lol... that ESRB description sounds like a "really awsum game!!!!1" as described by an 11 year old who's just found out about sex, alcohol and cussing...