CCP Reaches Out to Angry EVE Online Fans

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
Lag?
In a large fleet battle!?

This is an incredible travesty! Eve's fleet battles have long been shining examples of how hundreds of players can participate in a large skirmish and suffer no effects! I for one am thoroughly shocked at this development and hope CCP restores Eve to it's perfectly lag free nature at once less I write them an angry letter.

In other news, I really don't regret canceling my subscription and getting the hell out of that failtrain of a community.

oranger

May 27, 2008
Holy christ on a popsicle stick at the bottom of my freezer...CCP has been "working" on the lag issue for years now, and has made little to no difference.
Maybe they have been skirting the fact that its a problem with their core code?

Om Nom Nom

Feb 13, 2010
oranger said:
Holy christ on a popsicle stick at the bottom of my freezer...CCP has been "working" on the lag issue for years now, and has made little to no difference.
Lag was contained after the Apocrypha expansion. Battles involving 1200 people were laggy, but still very playable.

The lag monster came right back with Dominion, though, and has only gotten worse with Tyrannis.

But that's only part of the problem - there's dozens of bugs, some years old, that are still unfixed. And will remain unfixed for 18 months. CCP have officially stated in a dev blog that only a quarter of their devs are actually working directly on EVE, and they're no doubt going to be pushing out even more bug-ridden 'features' rather than fixing anything.

I hope they take a long, hard look at whether Dust and Incarna are really worth alienating most of the playerbase for...

oranger

May 27, 2008
Om Nom Nom said:
oranger said:
Lag was contained after the Apocrypha expansion. Battles involving 1200 people were laggy, but still very playable.

The lag monster came right back with Dominion, though, and has only gotten worse with Tyrannis.

But that's only part of the problem - there's dozens of bugs, some years old, that are still unfixed. And will remain unfixed for 18 months. CCP have officially stated in a dev blog that only a quarter of their devs are actually working directly on EVE, and they're no doubt going to be pushing out even more bug-ridden 'features' rather than fixing anything.

I hope they take a long, hard look at whether Dust and Incarna are really worth alienating most of the playerbase for...
Honestly, I hope CCP gets itself optimized somehow, and starts improving what it has rather than trying to over extend itself. I don't mind incarna, and even kinda look forward to it to the point where i may even re-subscribe, but if they don't fix the core issues, EVE will continue to go off the rails.
And thus will not see my money or interest.

skorpion352

Apr 6, 2008
oranger said:
Om Nom Nom said:
oranger said:

Honestly, I hope CCP gets itself optimized somehow, and starts improving what it has rather than trying to over extend itself. I don't mind incarna, and even kinda look forward to it to the point where i may even re-subscribe, but if they don't fix the core issues, EVE will continue to go off the rails.
And thus will not see my money or interest.
yes, lets have all the artists and coders working on the server tryign to fix lag. nothing could possibly go wrong with that.

thay have already stated the appropriate people are working on the lag. as for other long standing issues, its not as simple as changing a line of cade, otherwise bugs would get fixed within days of first being reported and all games would be perfect

Verkain

Sep 5, 2004
I hope they get the lag sorted out even though I don't play anymore. I loved the huge fleet battles.