CDC Invites Plague Inc. Creator to Give Lecture

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Chairman Miaow said:
I was going to mention Pandemic and Madagascar, but I'm glad to see it at least most people here recognise the blatant copying here.
Well in so much as Angry Birds copied crush the castle. The basic game play is the same, but the polish and presentation make it more popular.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Eric the Orange said:
Chairman Miaow said:
I was going to mention Pandemic and Madagascar, but I'm glad to see it at least most people here recognise the blatant copying here.
Well in so much as Angry Birds copied crush the castle. The basic game play is the same, but the polish and presentation make it more popular.
I value innovation a lot higher than polish.

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
List of countries to kill first:

1: FUCKING MADAGASGAR

2: Cuba

3: Greenland

4: New Zeland

5: Australia

6: every other island nation

7: every other nation

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
So it's Pandemic with a prettier map? Such staggering innovation.

Xdeser2

Aug 11, 2012
Give a lecture on what? Copying Flash games?

Captcha: Haters gonna hate. Why are you defending this Captcha?!

Epic Fail 1977

Dec 14, 2010
Kwil said:
Guy Jackson said:
Kwil said:
Must suck to be the guys who originally made the game as Pandemic II and not getting credit for it.
Good ideas are ten a penny. It's the execution that matters.
And what, exactly, are the execution differences between Plague and Pandemic II that would matter to the CDC?
Sorry, I misunderstood your comment.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
DVS BSTrD said:
Devoneaux said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Devoneaux said:
KeyMaster45 said:
Devoneaux said:
Kwil said:
Must suck to be the guys who originally made the game as Pandemic II and not getting credit for it.
You know I can see how when Walt Disney was alive, this kind of misinformation could get around, but this is the era of internet. How are people missing Pandemic?
Cause if I remember right, Pandemic kind of sucked and wasn't much fun to play. This game, however, is actually quite fun and challenging.
From what I saw, the only real difference is that Pandemic takes about three times longer to play because it's turn based. So I guess that's a plus? But let's not treat this guy like he invented the damn thing.
So I'm guessing you wouldn't mind Vaughan got... cold feet?
Losing your touch or is it just late for you? :p
I just lost an hour of sleep, give me a break :p
It's almost 4 a.m.
No! As Punmaster you must always be at your best.

From atop your throne of puns, you look upon all threads and say: "This thread contains no puns... This shall not stand."

Or are you trying to say you're not actually a god.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
DVS BSTrD said:
kailus13 said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Devoneaux said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Devoneaux said:
KeyMaster45 said:
Devoneaux said:
Kwil said:
You know I can see how when Walt Disney was alive, this kind of misinformation could get around, but this is the era of internet. How are people missing Pandemic?
Cause if I remember right, Pandemic kind of sucked and wasn't much fun to play. This game, however, is actually quite fun and challenging.
From what I saw, the only real difference is that Pandemic takes about three times longer to play because it's turn based. So I guess that's a plus? But let's not treat this guy like he invented the damn thing.
So I'm guessing you wouldn't mind Vaughan got... cold feet?
Losing your touch or is it just late for you? :p
I just lost an hour of sleep, give me a break :p
It's almost 4 a.m.
No! As Punmaster you must always be at your best.

From atop your throne of puns, you look upon all threads and say: "This thread contains no puns... This shall not stand."

Or are you trying to say you're not actually a god.
Young acolyte, you were never promised instant gratification. I advise you to try playing the game Operation in your spare time.
It should help teach you the value of patients.
Master! I shall never doubt you again! I can only bow before in supplication and beg your forgiveness! And use exclamation points for all of my sentences!

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Kwil said:
Guy Jackson said:
Kwil said:
Good ideas are ten a penny. It's the execution that matters.
And what, exactly, are the execution differences between Plague and Pandemic II that would matter to the CDC?
that one is popular right now and the outer is not/old/well known outside of a study room from 5-6 years ago.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I remember Pandemic.

However, from what I know, Pandemic is not available on my iPhone.

So... sucks to be Pandemic, but I still get its gameplay through Plague Inc.

Sorry 'bout that, but should've tried capitalizing on that bandwagon there.

porous_shield

Jan 25, 2012
How exactly did they choose what to map in this game and what not to? Most of islands in Northern Canada are missing as other islands like Newfoundland (which is bigger than Iceland in both population and size) and a bunch of other islands. Then there is the huge warping of the northern hemisphere. Greenland, Canada, and Russia are no where near that big (Greenland is substantially smaller than Australia).

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
porous_shield said:
How exactly did they choose what to map in this game and what not to? Most of islands in Northern Canada are missing as other islands like Newfoundland (which is bigger than Iceland in both population and size) and a bunch of other islands.
Countries are treated as monolithic. Otherwise things would get downright nightmarish to deal with.

porous_shield said:
Then there is the huge warping of the northern hemisphere. Greenland, Canada, and Russia are no where near that big (Greenland is substantially smaller than Australia).
Map projections are fun! But I gather that in earlier versions the northern hemisphere was pushed up further and it made Greenland hard to click on.