Celebrate the New Year by Watching a Russian Light Up 10,000 Sparklers

PatrickJS

Jun 8, 2015
Celebrate the New Year by Watching a Russian Light Up 10,000 Sparklers

Celebrate the end of 2015 by watching a Russian Youtuber light 10,000 sparklers on fire.

Nothing says "happy new year!" like fire and explosions. In the spirit of the season, enterprising Russian youtuber "SlivkiShow" set up 10,000 celebratory sparklers in a barrel.

In small amounts, these are the sort of flashy candles you'd usually decorate a cake with. They last for about ten seconds, or enough time to sing half a verse of the infringement-free birthday song of your choice. So, this definitely won't be a very big explosion or anything like that.

(skip to 2:00)

Well, I guess I've been proven wrong; time to go buy some bulk sparklers and a rain barrel. I also really appreciate the videographer's attempt to grab viewers from the get-go - these days, you really need a cat to bookend your Youtube video, even if it does feature a fifty-foot-tall sparkling inferno in the middle.

Happy 2016, Escapists!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I'm currently celebrating New Year's Eve (at local time of writting: 0:36) by being stuck at my parents' place in the middle of nowhere, being home alone writing a fucking philosophy paper. Happy goddamn 2016 I suppose.

[small]God I had to vent somewhere, I feel so shitty.[/small]

[small]Pretty sparklers though, I guess.[/small]

PatrickJS

Jun 8, 2015
Cowabungaa said:
home alone writing a fucking philosophy paper. Happy goddamn 2016 I suppose.

[small]God I had to vent somewhere, I feel so shitty.[/small]
Hey man, vent away! Is the paper on the differences between Stoicism and Epicureanism, and you're writing from your current personal experience?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
PatrickJS said:
Hey man, vent away! Is the paper on the differences between Stoicism and Epicureanism, and you're writing from your current personal experience?
With the heavy amounts of salt and bitterness flowing from my fingers right now I doubt I could write anything academically neutral about that. No, it's comparing Gadamer and Derrida on the topic of dialogue, relatively obscure stuff that on this particular night has lost any semblance of being interesting. But we'll soldier on I suppose.

Also, the article says "Happy 2016, Escapists!" Might need a lil' fix.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Welp, so much for the pot. This is what happens when you hire a cat for chief engineer.