Celebrate World of Warcraft's 10th Anniversary With a Return to Molten Core

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
Aeshi said:
Waaghpowa said:
I believe that Vanilla was a unique experience that we'll never experience again, despite how poor a lot of the mechanics were back then. The benefit of Vanilla was the relationships I made through it and the memories of doing some really epic stuff that I have yet to experience in the new expansion to the same extent. I've literally been in the same guild, same server for almost 10 years now.
So to put it another way, the best thing about Vanilla was that it was when you first played? Because you could replace "Vanilla" with "BC/WoTLK/Cata/MoP" and that would probably be equally as applicable for people who didn't start playing at Vanilla.
While true, Vanilla is where everyone collectively got their feet wet. Foundations are built upon the land you're given, and when that's been changing for ten years and the people that live there have built their city, the ones coming in have to live in it. It's a different affair altogether.

Now read that and pretend I wasn't writing with prose and it'll probably make more sense...

... BACK TO GARRISON OF INQUISITON OF AGE OF DRAGON... CRAFT.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Aeshi said:
Waaghpowa said:
I believe that Vanilla was a unique experience that we'll never experience again, despite how poor a lot of the mechanics were back then. The benefit of Vanilla was the relationships I made through it and the memories of doing some really epic stuff that I have yet to experience in the new expansion to the same extent. I've literally been in the same guild, same server for almost 10 years now.
So to put it another way, the best thing about Vanilla was that it was when you first played? Because you could replace "Vanilla" with "BC/WoTLK/Cata/MoP" and that would probably be equally as applicable for people who didn't start playing at Vanilla.
That's the way people usually are. Which is why most music fans will say the best era of music was the first music they got into.

Though I only played WoW for the first two expansions. And in my experience each expansion improved upon the game. Especially Vanilla to BC. BC content was WAAAAY better than vanilla content. LK was better than BC but the jump wasn't as dramatic as Vanilla to BC.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
L2Play NEWBZ. seriously learn how to play newbz. I aint here to hold your hold. I'm here for the loot to grow my e-wang. Sexy motherfuker demands one pixel treasure a week. Big e-wang means happy camper.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
Kungfu_Teddybear said:
The instance is an absolute clusterfuck. Nobody listens or seems to know what to do. The group I went in kept wiping on the first trash because everyone kept AoEing, causing the lava spawns to split and overwhelm us. Then they would ress and keep doing it despite people yelling at them to stop. We finally cleared that group and then on the 2nd group of trash they did the exact same thing. Then some hunter sent his pet rushing ahead to pull a couple of extra groups so I just left.
God dammit! Hunters need to learn when to send their pet in and when to keep it back. I haven't played since Cata, but I at least knew to let the Warrior do his job and to make sure that my pet's 'roar' was deactivated the entire time.
But hey, without hunters, who would tanks blame when they screw up their role?
I once had a tank, who upon screwing up, blamed my pet for stealing his aggro and causing the wipe. The problem was, I had never even summoned my pet. The other players had my back and he ragequit.

I must say that I miss those amusing moments. But for me, they were too few and far between to warrant a continued subscription.
That Molton Corgi does look good though.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
10 years... holy crap. Really? Has ten years gone by? I know it has been some time, but I thought it was at least a couple of years away from being a decade old.

How about instead of all anniversary events they just flash a sign in your face when you log in saying "You are old!", because that's all I can feel right now :-/

Micalas

Mar 5, 2011
mattaui said:
If anything, doing MC with 40 people showed you that the encounters really weren't designed to require 40 people. That is, if you had 20 people on the ball doing what needed to be done, the other 20 almost didn't matter, assuming they weren't so inadequate as to sabotage the rest of the group (which isn't as unlikely as it sounds).

I did that more than enough back in the day, not sure I've got the interest to go back in and try it again. I remember when MC was all there was to do at end game, and that's all we did, a lot.
I never got a chance to raid in Vanilla. I played in Vanilla, but I was a slow leveler because I found leveling to be super boring. I finally hit cap right before BC, but I have a lot of friends who did get to raid in Vanilla and from what they told me, what you said sounds accurate.

They were telling me that Molten Core needed 20 competent players and 20 AFK autoattackers.