Celebrity deaths: Who is next?

Cal Shackleford

Aug 9, 2014
Signa said:
After Robin William's sudden death, I got to thinking, who is next?

Now, I'm not crass enough to be asking who is next in line for dying, but since Robin's death hit me harder than I can rationalize for any person I've never met or would have ever met, I'm wondering who is the next greatest celebrity in my life that will hit me hard when he or she is gone. Really, I didn't even know I cared about Robin as much as I did until he was gone, so any mental preparedness for the inevitable is always a good idea in my book.

How about the rest of you? Who is the most important celebrity to you that you will miss dearly when they are gone?
It's a toss up between three greats - Clint Eastwood, Bob Newhart and Michael Caine. I think on a "semi-objective" societal [relative] level, Eastwood and Caine will get the spotlight, but damn if I won't be weeping for all three.

Tearful mention goes to Sydney Poitier, Ian McKellen, Christopher Lee and Joan Rivers (please don't judge, hehe).

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I'm more of an Internet Celebrity person, who knows almost no one in Hollywood who didn't have a career before 1998.

I recently lost JewWario, & every time I see David Bowie, a Muppet, tight pants, Wario, a crystal ball, a Japanese Yankee, or hear "You remind me of the Babe," I'll think of him.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
If we go by the misconception that Stan Lee is not immortal, then him. He's in his nineties now, but it will be sad to see him go.

I hope his final cameo is his best.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Hmmm...Tom Baker, perhaps?

Not really that attached to celebs, or rather most of them seem to lose the plot long before they die. Once they start "ruining my childhood", then their death doesn't seem to have the same impact anymore.

Smilomaniac said:
On the other hand, he's likely to hang out with his "friends" for the rest of his life and never gain even the smallest bit of insight.
That seems rather more likely, yes. You don't have to be rich to avoid looking at your flaws.

Mind you, it seems to me that the world was hating him for no good reason for some time. Only later did he turn out to be the sort of person that deserves hatred. Which is an odd way around.

shootthebandit

May 20, 2009
I love keith Richards but thankfully he is essentially immortal

If chuck norris dies then we will all die. He is the only reason we have not been wiped out by aliens yet

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
As previously mentioned, if Betty White or George Takei died, I would probably be really sad. Maybe even as sad as when my dog died.

I also really don't want Ruth White to die. But she was born in the 20's. Hell, she could be dead right now, and nobody would know, because only Hollywood Satanists and emos know who she even is. Which would make me really sad.

Autumnflame

Sep 18, 2008
Patrick Stuart.
Ian mckillan

Both have had exceptional careers and the world will be lesser place without them

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
Mr Ink 5000 said:
I was ready to jump on to the "poor taste" bandwagon when I read the title

Schwarzenegger for me. his movies formed my childhood
I was hoping to catch a few people who didn't actually read the OP. Considering some of the responses so far, I think I caught a few :D

WhiteNachos

Jul 25, 2014
Signa said:
After Robin William's sudden death, I got to thinking, who is next?

Now, I'm not crass enough to be asking who is next in line for dying, but since Robin's death hit me harder than I can rationalize for any person I've never met or would have ever met, I'm wondering who is the next greatest celebrity in my life that will hit me hard when he or she is gone.
From Movies: Jack Nicholsan, Morgan Freeman, Spielberg, Tarantino (maybe) and Connery

From anything else: R.L. Stine, Stephen King perhaps and suddenly this has gotten too sad to keep thinking about.