Celebrity Endorsements They Wish They Could Take Back

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Wow! That game looked so realistic. No one todays youth are messed up. Just look at those players beat the snot out of each other.

I found his acting in that commercial to be over the top, but I coudn't help but laugh at it after seeing his face in it.

benbenthegamerman

May 10, 2009
"...with fat and equally unfunny friends."

So, am i mistaken to believe that Dave Grohl is fat and unfunny? hmm?

DarkSaber

Dec 22, 2007
Low Key said:
Has Gary Coleman ever done a video game ad? His career pretty much went to shit after Diff'rent Strokes was cancelled.
Postal 2

http://www.life.com/static/ugc/492/ugc1000492/watermarkcomp.jpg

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
SHUT YA JIBBA-JABBA FOOL!
MR. T is immune to the effect of game endorsement.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
I got to thinking about this advertisement while I was at work tonight(and yes, I have legitimate time to think about random stuff...do I ever), and I just realized, that this shows an adult, circa 1981, buying a console videogame...for himself. Next time some ignorant ass starts preaching that games are for kids, I will just smile, remembering the image of Phil Hartman walking into a videogame store to get himself some Ice Hockey.
Speaking of that version of Ice Hockey, that cashier wasn't talking out of his butt, that game is fun and can be quite...rousing. It is worth getting that excited over.

savagei

Sep 24, 2008
I must say, I too think Jack Black is pretty darn funny. And Tenacious D. although Kyle by himself is not funny.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
In truth, I do find School of Rock and the first Tenacious D cd funny as well. But the movie The Pick Of Destiny wasn't very good and I think the band has kind of peaked in the amount of funny they can consistently produce. Jack Black, however, will most likely rise from the ashes and put together a decent string of movies. I could even see him shed the comedy and land some meaty dramatic roles a la Tom Hanks and Robin Williams. He already has in films like Margot at the Wedding.

But hey, I needed a punchline so I went for some low-hanging fruit and made fun of the fat kid. Sorry about that, but not even my moderate fondness for Jack Black will stand in the way of my journalistic integrity.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
ahhh the wonderful 80s and their bad video games and even worse commercials. well i remember when video games were in the toy section of the local department stores, not the tv/electronics section.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Its at least better than all the WoW commercials that pop up...