Change in Moderation

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
Hey everyone,

I'd like to update everyone with a few changes to our Moderator staff.

First, I'd like to introduce two new members to our team; FileTrekker [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/FileTrekker] and Nemmerle [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Nemmerle]

You may have already seen FileTrekker in Mod Chat and sporadically throughout the forums. He's one of the administrators from GameFront that has accepted my request that he come over and help out a bit on these forums. I've known the guy for what seems like forever and is always a level head in a heated situation.

Nemmerle is a super-mod from the GameFront forums who will provide his expertise to make these forums a place that everyone enjoys visiting. He's a lot like me. He's rational, and prefers to settle an issue through talking before having to act by giving an infraction.

Aside from a small period of adjustment that anyone would require, these guys know what to do. They've been in a moderator level position for ages now and have plenty of experience dealing with nearly every type of user. Show them respect, and they'll return it in kind.

Also, it pains me that I must announce the departure of two moderators; Elfgore [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Elfgore] and Katherine Kerensky [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Katherine+Kerensky]

Elfgore has voluntarily left due to moderator burnout. It happens to the best of us. He was an outstanding moderator and simply wanted to go back to posting as a normal user again. He always has a home here at the Escapist.

Katherine Kerensky has voluntarily left for personal reasons. As with any member of the staff, real life issues always have priority and respect is always given to those who must depart because of it. Like Elfgore, she'll always have a home here at the Escapist.

So please, give our new moderators a warm welcome and let our former ones know they'll be missed!

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I'll miss them, and Lilani as well, unless that's an odd false alarm with her name colour. Though having said that, they'll probably be much more active than me in the forums now.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Probably just a cache thing, but [user]Elfgore[/user] and [user]Katherine Kerensky[/user]'s usernames are still blue on my end.

Anyway, welcome new moderators! I might not know you two personally but I'm sure you'll do an outstanding job, particularly given your former experiences.

And as for ex-mods, I welcome you too! Feel free to join me in cosy jumpers, seated in armchairs by the fireside, where we can smoke pipes[footnote]Bubble pipes [https://sep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-46639783929232/bubble-pipe-8.gif], of course.[/footnote] and talk about the days of yore. Hang your former ban-weapons up on the wall, if you can find space for them. Just make sure to keep them a safe distance from [user]Ultrajoe[/user]'s dominator; it has been known to scare the other weapons.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Katherine's come and gone over the years, so who knows, she may return someday. There are actually quite a few other mods that I have no idea if they're still around or not.

Welcome new guys and good luck. This community can be mentally taxing at times, but I am sure you know that already.

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
Thanks for the welcomes!

I've worked with n0e and Nemmerle for so many years, it's scary really. We're like a trifecta of geriatric crazies. But Nem has been a spectacularly hard working and dedicated moderator at GameFront for years, so, I have no doubt he'll do great work here too.

Not sure about that n0e bloke though. He seems a bit dodgy.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Greetings to our new jack-booted overlords lovely mods! Always good to see fresh meat blood! Sad to see Elfgore and Katherine, but that is how it goes. Hope your stint here goes well. :D

Also, be sure to stay out of the basement. Trust us on this...

HybridChangeling

Dec 13, 2015
Hey guys, welcome to the Escapist! I am always pumped for new posters and mods, 'cause that means more posts and more fun! Glad to meet you. Also Elfgore and Katherine, I wish luck in all endeavors, you guys rock.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Hello, new moderators. I hope you all have a fantastic time reining in the lunatics here.

Since I know this job takes a lot of time, I feel like I should do my part to make it easier for you all. So I'd like to personally assure you that I will not violate any of the new CoC rules. In fact, you can simply never read any of my post. That should save some time for you. Even if I show up as flagged for review, you should ignore it. It was obviously a mistake.

Yup. No need to look at anything ol' AccursedTheory post. Everything is hunky-dory over here.

Just fine.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Barbas said:
Though having said that, they'll probably be much more active than me in the forums now.
*sees post count*

I'm not sure that's possible, mate.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I agree that we need moderation when changing. But let us not forget...oh, wrong topic.

I would like to personally welcome back Elfgore to the proletariat with the traditional whipping. ;)
BreakfastMan said:
Greetings to our new jack-booted overlords lovely mods!
You might want to take down the "Hail jackboots" banner, Kent.

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
BreakfastMan said:
Greetings to our new jack-booted overlords lovely mods! Always good to see fresh meat blood! Sad to see Elfgore and Katherine, but that is how it goes. Hope your stint here goes well. :D

By basement we mean http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/663-Game-Industry-Discussion. Not even joking. There might be some worthy discussion there once in a while but it was a subforum created to relegate the SJW and GG threads to one area. Generally this leads to more heated debates than Black Lives Matter at a Trump rally. Enter at your own risk.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Remus said:
BreakfastMan said:

By basement we mean http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/index/663-Game-Industry-Discussion. Not even joking. There might be some worthy discussion there once in a while but it was a subforum created to relegate the SJW and GG threads to one area. Generally this leads to more heated debates than Black Lives Matter at a Trump rally. Enter at your own risk.
Well, kind of. GID and R&P are both real bad, true, but they don't compare to The Basement.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Oooooooh fresh meat new blood. :D

Greetings, salutations, hola, and Bonjour.

I'd offer y'all a welcome drink but I'm enjoying mine and I don't feel like sharing.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
Noooo once Kath and Elf leave who will we have left with anime avatars? Now We can't lose Sky otherwise we'd really be in trouble.
As for File and Nem welcome, you don't have anime avatars but no ones perfect I guess.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Geez, people. It's not like I died or anything, just decided to join the ranks of the plebs common user again. I ain't going nowhere.

Something Amyss said:
I would like to personally welcome back Elfgore to the proletariat with the traditional whipping. ;)
*sigh* Alright, let's get this over with. *pulls down pants*

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
New mods be careful of that Barbas, I keep telling everyone that he's plotting a bolshevik revolution but no one believes me. If he offers you tea don't drink it, it glows in the dark.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Rip in Parmesan moderinos

I think I had a song for this...

However, I also wish the new mods good luck

You're gonna need it fam

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Oh here we go, outsiders once again coming in and taking good honest jobs away from us natural born Escapistians!

Nah, just kidding. I don't care. Welcome to the quiet beach community. Bars over there. As always, stay out of the basement. There are lots of terrible things in there.

L̗͎͎̟͈̉̇ͦͨ̑Ǒ͉̣̠̙̯̦̺̲̽̎͛͗̌ͭ̎̏T̫̣̆ͦͩ̾̌ͤͣ̌̆Ŝ̢̢̠͈̹̜̲͕̃̾̈́ͤ̑́ ͙͕̯͔̻͋̍ͪͯ̀ͅO̬̮͌̏͌̑ͩF͎͇ͩ̍̃ͨ̈́͂ͤ́ ̫̣͉͉̼̯̀̋ͤͣ̈́̍͡͡ͅŤͤ̈́̈́̃ͮ͐҉̨̫͈͕͎H̡̅̑ͩ͏̹̲̰̖̘͉͞I̪̤̠̠͙̿̀̈ͅN͎͓̳͈͚ͦ̀͗͆ͤ̋ͯͯG̣̬̮̟̯͎̳͙ͨ̎̓̚͘S͇̖̲̪͛̓͒ͯ̅̂̈̒!̢̫̫̫͉̏̋̃̊̀͞ͅ

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
Elfgore said:
Geez, people. It's not like I died or anything, just decided to join the ranks of the plebs common user again. I ain't going nowhere.
To be fair though, the majority of ex-mods do in fact leave the site for good. In fact, I can think of only about one or two ex-mods who are still here.

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
NiPah said:
Noooo once Kath and Elf leave who will we have left with anime avatars? Now We can't lose Sky otherwise we'd really be in trouble.
As for File and Nem welcome, you don't have anime avatars but no ones perfect I guess.
I may accommodate you at some point. ;)

Assuming One Punch Man counts.