Change in Moderation

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
FileTrekker said:
Not sure about that n0e bloke though. He seems a bit dodgy.
Given your forum title, I'd agree. I'm not sure how keen I am on a slave owner as CM. =P

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Zombie_Fish said:
FileTrekker said:
Not sure about that n0e bloke though. He seems a bit dodgy.
Given your forum title, I'd agree. I'm not sure how keen I am on a slave owner as CM. =P
Oh, come on - the Escapist is a fair and equal opportunity employer. They employ slavers and slaves alike. Are you discriminating? Shame on you.

Nemmerle

Mar 11, 2016
Hi! Thanks for the welcomes!

I'm still taking the tone of the place and working out quite how I'm going to handle talking to folks. As n0e says, my preference is usually not to immediately poke you with something sharp. Unless things have already gone nuclear or something like that. People I've spoken to so far seem to be nice and reasonable so I don't foresee any major challenges.

Other than that -puffs bubble pipe- I'm sure I shall see you around the place :)

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
NiPah said:
Noooo once Kath and Elf leave who will we have left with anime avatars? Now We can't lose Sky otherwise we'd really be in trouble.
As for File and Nem welcome, you don't have anime avatars but no ones perfect I guess.
I'm glad someone appreciates my avatars :3
Elfgore said:
Geez, people. It's not like I died or anything,
Wait, you didn't?

Well... What a waste of money then.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Elfgore said:
Geez, people. It's not like I died or anything, just decided to join the ranks of the plebs common user again. I ain't going nowhere.

Something Amyss said:
I would like to personally welcome back Elfgore to the proletariat with the traditional whipping. ;)
*sigh* Alright, let's get this over with. *pulls down pants*
You're no longer a mod? But... But...

Who will I mock randomly for no reason now!?

-shrug- I guess there's always still Barbas...

Wait...
What am I saying!?
I didn't do that anyway...
So... -shrug- never mind then I suppose.

Not as if I've been here much in the last 3 months anyway... >_>

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
More like ElfGONE and KatherISN'T, amiright?!

((I kid, I really will miss them both. I just can't resist terrible puns.))

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Silvanus said:

I feel deep shame that I didn't think of these.

DSeep, deep shame.

PainInTheAssInternet

The Ship Magnificent
Dec 30, 2011
anthony87 said:
Elfgore said:
This is turning into my kinda thread.

We'll bang, okay?

Glad to have you on board. Sad to see them leave. Were the former two brought on because the latter two were leaving?

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Welcome new mods! Other's have mentioned to stay out of the basement but I'm horrified that nobody has mentioned Rule:-1 of the forums.

That or you can replicate what ThyNameIsMud and Captain Crunch did a few years ago.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106798-We-Dare-You-to-Beat-The-Escapists-Office-Prank#&gid=gallery_81&pid=1

Elfgore said:
I see the full moon is out tonight.
Albino Boo said:
New mods be careful of that Barbas, I keep telling everyone that he's plotting a bolshevik revolution but no one believes me. If he offers you tea don't drink it, it glows in the dark.
What? How dare he do such a horrible thing to defenseless tea!? First the Yanks ruin it with cold saltwater and now the damned Russians try making it glow!? What did Tea ever do to them!?

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
DoPo said:
Oh, come on - the Escapist is a fair and equal opportunity employer. They employ slavers and slaves alike. Are you discriminating? Shame on you.
Hey now, some of my best friends are... ummmmm... never mind.

Silvanus said:

Even for my standards, those puns are terrible. I'm not sure if I should be angry or proud at your work here.

Sep 13, 2009
DudeistBelieve said:
Well, kind of. GID and R&P are both real bad, true, but they don't compare to The Basement.
It's a subforum that's lower than the old basement? That can only only mean one thing...

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
The Almighty Aardvark said:
DudeistBelieve said:
Well, kind of. GID and R&P are both real bad, true, but they don't compare to The Basement.
It's a subforum that's lower than the old basement? That can only only mean one thing...

As a former member of the X-Me- I mean, former member of the Moderation Team, I can neither confirm nor deny these allegations.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
The Almighty Aardvark said:
Zombie_Fish said:
As a former member of the X-Me [...]n [...] I can [...] confirm [...] these allegations.
I've seen all I need to see
Damnit! You've seen through my unbreakable co- I mean, what one earth are you talking about? *awkward laughter*

[sub][sub][sub]Note to mods: They know too much. Get rid of them ASAP.[/sub][/sub][/sub]

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
IceForce said:
Elfgore said:
Geez, people. It's not like I died or anything, just decided to join the ranks of the plebs common user again. I ain't going nowhere.
To be fair though, the majority of ex-mods do in fact leave the site for good. In fact, I can think of only about one or two ex-mods who are still here.
To be even more fair, most mods seem to leave the site the moment they become mods. Probably half the people that were listed as mods were people I'd never seen post or haven't seen post since they became mods. TimeLord in particular used to be super active, but pretty much vanished from the forums the moment he was promoted.

OT: No notice about DigitalSushi? They've been listed as a mod since forever, but have also recently been dropped from the listing.