Changes to Franchises You Would LIke to See

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
I enjoy playing Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers, and got to thinking: Why is each game stand-alone? Seems like an awesome idea, that would increase sells, would be to have decks carry forward into each next game, rewarding you for regularly buying them.

It would be a great incentive to pick up the other years, and, honestly, would get me to pick up the 2013 version.

Are there any other game ideas that you feel franchises should pick up, that seem obvious?

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
There needs to be a Pokemon MMO, It would get me into MMOs actually and would stand a chance of knocking off WoW

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Evil Smurf said:
There needs to be a Pokemon MMO, It would get me into MMOs actually and would stand a chance of knocking off WoW
Two ways to look at that. It would either knock off WoW or be a knock off of WoW. :p

I'd like RPGs, particularly FPS RPGs to more hub based, sure it works fine for Elder Scrolls to wander away, far far away. But hub based maps are awesome and gives room for more detail.\

Like Vampire Bloodlines The Masquerade, Deus Ex Human Revolution and more recently, Dishonored. >.>

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
I would like the next CoD game to have a semblance of decent pacing in the story this time, i'm not really planning on buying it but I might if I really have nothing to play.

Seriously, the first Black Ops was thoroughly ruined by terrible pacing the whole way through. My god the none stop explosions were as visually exhausting as they were boring.

Oh and yeah while i'm going through some wishful thinking let's make Activision not be boring cunts! Wayyyyyyyy!

I'd like the next Mass Effect game to be something completely different. Like how Persona 4 was to Persona 3. 3 being a more large-scale "save the world with your friends" thing with a pretty good plot to Persona 4's focused solely on this one village and what happens to it. With the story being this kickass mystery story where you have to work things out for yourself after a certain point.

There's a part where the game literally puts it's foot down and gives you a huge list of any and all characters you have met, including party members and Social Links and it says "right, enough stalling. Pick who the killer is now"

Shit Mass Effect, Mass Effect stop going off on a tangent about how Persona 4 is so fucking awesome.

So yeah a more focused character story, maybe a small group of Space Pirates going off in search of plunder and riches? A love story where a human chases his quarian love across the galaxy? A mixture of the two? Something like that. Perhaps even Reaper free? Pre Reapers natch because it would have to be really, really, really post Reapers for it to be a proper ME game.

Oh and while we're on the ME subject, I just watched the new endings and they're actually somewhat almost decent. Except the new Refusal ending. God it's so bad... Yo Shep! I know you're being all moral and shit but really, this is actually over. You practically won the moment you plugged in The Catalyst... I can't agree with that, just throw the game harder Shep.

Oh and I love how they changed destroying the Relays to severely damaging them... Implying that they can get some starships together, fix some within a year and go back to jumping around like nothing happened. That actually a good instance of how to cave to fan demand somewhat gracefully.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Snowblindblitz said:
I enjoy playing Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers, and got to thinking: Why is each game stand-alone?
Because MONEYMONEYMONEY.

Although, I guess it could be because of something like the AI being worked on between annual releases.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Well Company of Heroes 2 is taking the franchise to kickass new places; TrueSight and ColdTech sounds spectacular, exactly the kind of innovation the franchise needs.

Mordekaien

Sep 3, 2010
Bring Stealth to Assassin's Creed.

Make a new Legacy of Kain game, make it more richer in story, less about beating waves of enemies.

And make a new Two Worlds game, that would be better than the second one ( That's the good one btw)

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Snowblindblitz said:
I enjoy playing Magic The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers, and got to thinking: Why is each game stand-alone?
It's just the CCG business model transferred straight to videogames. Every edition, you have to shell out enough cash to build a decent deck. If decks carried over, you wouldn't need to spend as much.

And changes I'd like to see? I'd like franchises which started with a morally ambiguous conflict to go back to that, instead of going more and more black&white with each installment. You know how for example in Assassin's Creed the Templars had rational arguments for what they were doing and often believed that they are doing good? Well, now (not speaking of AC3, haven't played it) they are just Saturday morning cartoon villains.

In fact, flanderization. That's the trend which applies to pretty much any franchise and it bothers me. How everything in the game universe has to be turned up to 11 for the sequel, and then turned up even more. I'd like it to stop.

JerryTerry

Jul 14, 2009
Evil Smurf said:
I'm assuming you weren't aware of this [http://pokemmo.eu] then? Granted it's still in alpha, a few scripts are missing, and it's only playable up to the Elite Four so far. But it's still pretty cool so far. (Then again, I get the feeling you meant more an original MMO with a vast world and things to do, rather than just an MMO mod)

OT: Does Resident Evil count? The only change I'd like is for it to be survival horror again. I don't care whether they make it more like the originals, like Resi 4, or do a whole new thing altogether. All I care about is bringing back the survival horror. Or at least removing the focus on co-op.
Oh, and a Resident Evil 2 remake akin to the first. But that's less a change in the franchise than a request for a specific game.

felbot

May 11, 2011
change fallout back to the old isometric style, would be way better.

also make more options and skills and traits, don't take them away, that is just silly.

i do wish mount and blade 2 would have more recruiting options, like persuading other lords from other realms to join you, I mean I had one as a prisoner for god knows how long and through the entire time i wanted to recruit him but no he refused.

KissmahArceus

Mar 1, 2011
Topical for today but better melee for ES games, larger scale multiplayer for Halo (32-64 player OMG) and a patch for Ninja Gaiden 3 that makes it not complete shit

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
Mount and blade: Warband, multiplayer campaign.

like seriously, have it be LAN connected or something, messing up the place with a combined force or try to backstab your friends sounds like a barrel of fun.

Domogo

Aug 7, 2012
Evil Smurf said:
You mean like this?

OT I would like Warcraft to return to RTS if that counts

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see that someone already told you haha

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
Domogo said:
I would like Warcraft to return to RTS if that counts
I was going to say that would almost make me happy except I'm sick of trying to play RTS games that don't have full zoom after being spoiled by SupCom/GalCiv/AI War/etc. and being frustrated by being locked to a crappy zoom level where I can't see enough of the map at once. Then I realized that that's exactly what this thread is about. My request is to add full map zoom to ALL RTS franchises (and all other ones that use an RTS-like interface like MOBAs) so I can finally enjoy those ones again, instead of just the ones that have it already. I will zoom out so the entire map fits on my screen at once if I damn well please. Heh.

Domogo

Aug 7, 2012
Nalgas D. Lemur said:
I was going to say that would almost make me happy except I'm sick of trying to play RTS games that don't have full zoom after being spoiled by SupCom/GalCiv/AI War/etc. and being frustrated by being locked to a crappy zoom level where I can't see enough of the map at once. Then I realized that that's exactly what this thread is about. My request is to add full map zoom to ALL RTS franchises (and all other ones that use an RTS-like interface like MOBAs) so I can finally enjoy those ones again, instead of just the ones that have it already. I will zoom out so the entire map fits on my screen at once if I damn well please. Heh.
I actually never had a problem with the zoom but I actually suck at RTS I just really like the user content like the Mauls and the footman frenzy

Hazzard

Jan 25, 2012
Combustion Kevin said:
Mount and blade: Warband, multiplayer campaign.

like seriously, have it be LAN connected or something, messing up the place with a combined force or try to backstab your friends sounds like a barrel of fun.
Search Mount and Blade battle time and you can get that.