Changing my name (Yes I'm serious)

Wintermute_v1legacy

Mar 16, 2012
These are all terrible names. If you're gonna change it to something stupid (sorry, it's just my opinion), do it like the tshirthell.com guy and change it to something more creative than Sunshine Megatron.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
Whatislove said:
Look luv, I'm not going to tell you not to do this. It's your life and your name and it's your prerogative to do with it what you will.

Just please, PLEASE, PLEASE don't pick Prince Vegeta. For one, people will forever be asking you, (most likely in a catty voice), "Prince of what then?" Yes they will. You know they will. Even people who know you will. And how pretentious does it look to change your first name to Prince! Bad enough when parents force it onto children. No, please, anything but that.

As for suggestions on which one to pick I can't help you. I think they're all awful; Prince Vegeta is just the worst one (personal opinion disclaimer). But I wish you luck in narrowing down the choices, and I hope you don't regret it. Peace!

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
Rblade said:
if this is serious, man this is going to be one of those things you are going to be so deeply sorry about in a couple of years. Like tattooing your face or something.
Tattooing your face is permanent, Changing your name is not.

Kwil said:
My problem isn't so much that you're thinking of changing your name to something.. well.. silly, and possibly copyrighted, but rather that you're not firm enough of mind to decide it for yourself. If none of those names strike you so much as "Yes, this is me!" that you need to go to random strangers on the internet (including all the various trolls) for help in the decision, I'd advise you to think about it longer.

Also, I'm surprised more people aren't concerned about the idea of "covering myself in nerd tattoos", as you say, the name change can be redone.. tattoos though? That's a hell of a lot more involved. Personal advice on that.. think about how long you're probably going to live, and look at what percentage of that you've lived so far. I'd suggest not covering more than that percentage in tattoos -- if only so that it leaves you more canvas to record when shit changes in your life.
I'm already well on my way with the tattos, both my arms are done as well as my hands, part of my back and legs. just need to finish off the back and legs and then do the chest - It's kind of hard to turn back on that one now, I got my first tattoo 5 years ago and I am still yet to regret or second think any of them.

Just like the thought I've given to the names, I give a lot of thought to the tattoos, As I've already stated, this list of 5 is a refined list of over 200, and it's taken years to wittle it down to this.

The problem is less no names striking me as "this is me" but more so they ALL strike me "Yes, this is me".

I was set on Prince Vegeta for months and then instead of rethinking "No, I shouldn't change my name to that" it was a "But I also really want to be XXXX" - It's kind of like being at a store and wanting to get your 5 favourite chocolate bars but only being able to afford one, no matter what the decision you are still going to like it but you need just a little nudge to make that decision

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Whatislove said:
It is a title from stars was combined with the name of a faction/race from tales of symphonia.
......Oh... yeah you got me there.

The Tales of series are my favourite Jrpg's, but mixing them with Star Wars is a horrible idea.

You know what? Just go for it. Name yourself Darth Cruxas, it would actually suit a guy like you.

Dont forget to message me to tell me how it works out for you.

Flight

Mar 13, 2010
Speaking as someone who's legally changed her name, what I would recommend is looking up name meanings, rather than go with pop cultural references, which is something you may regret as you get older. I spent over two years looking up different names and spellings before I finally settled on one I love. Changing your name is a big step in your life, and should be thought over carefully.

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
I'd say number 3. I've never played FF8, but its the name that sounds the most foreign without sounding too ridiculous, so will probably have the least negative impact on your other walks of life.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I recommend the following:
First: Souplex
Middle: Killsplosion
Last: Awesomegasm

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
none of them is my recommendation. this person has the right idea
Flight said:
Speaking as someone who's legally changed her name, what I would recommend is looking up name meanings, rather than go with pop cultural references, which is something you may regret as you get older. I spent over two years looking up different names and spellings before I finally settled on one I love. Changing your name is a big step in your life, and should be thought over carefully.

if you are really determined to have one of these as your name no matter what anybody says the go with Siefer Almasy or Legato Kaib. these names sound the closest to a normal name.

James Rednok

Apr 16, 2009
Either 3 or 4. They sound the least ridiculous. You'd probably be the object of envy of all your friends with a name like that. Or ridicule... I know I'd be envious at least...

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
verdant monkai said:
Whatislove said:
It is a title from stars was combined with the name of a faction/race from tales of symphonia.
......Oh... yeah you got me there.

The Tales of series are my favourite Jrpg's, but mixing them with Star Wars is a horrible idea.

You know what? Just go for it. Name yourself Darth Cruxas, it would actually suit a guy like you.

Dont forget to message me to tell me how it works out for you.
Lol, I kind of appreciate how mad you are about something that affects you in exactly zero ways.

Don't forget to message me when you blow a vein in your forehead from getting fuming angry for seemingly no reason :)

Silvianoshei

May 26, 2011
Mate, I'm not trying to be a hater, but this is really dumb. This will stick with you for the rest of your life. If you're going to change your name, change it to something that doesn't mark you as a fanboy with no personal creativity. Something cool like Oliver or Sebastian. I don't think it's a dumb thing to want to change your name if you don't like it, but don't name yourself something you might be embarrassed to introduce yourself as in 20 years and make people you know NOW really uncomfortable.

I refer you to Robot Chicken:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poAhbsBFjxs

Plus, changing your name means that you have to deal with a ton of paperwork hassles when doing taxes and dealing with drivers licenses, trying to get a mortgage or loan for school etc. Just saying.

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
You're shitting me right?

There's no way this is for real...

Right guys?

Right?

Prince Vegeta?

Really?

Ygg-fucking-drasill?!

You'd name yourself after the tree of life?

I know man.
Seriously OP, don't do it. I knew a guy who changed his name to Darth Vader.
It was a massive pain in the arse.

This is why we can't have nice things. :p

absulute

Apr 30, 2013
I have to level with you, I work in recruitment, and if I saw a resume with the name Darth Cruxis I would immediately shred it.

Seriously, don't do it.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
Silvianoshei said:
Mate, I'm not trying to be a hater, but this is really dumb. This will stick with you for the rest of your life. If you're going to change your name, change it to something that doesn't mark you as a fanboy with no personal creativity. Something cool like Oliver or Sebastian. I don't think it's a dumb thing to want to change your name if you don't like it, but don't name yourself something you might be embarrassed to introduce yourself as in 20 years and make people you know NOW really uncomfortable.

I refer you to Robot Chicken:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7_QMoVFxc

Plus, changing your name means that you have to deal with a ton of paperwork hassles when doing taxes and dealing with drivers licenses, trying to get a mortgage or loan for school etc. Just saying.
Woah nelly some people really need to read the whole thread before making assumptions (Yes, you)

1. Changing your name isn't permanent, theoretically and practically you can change it an infinite number of times.
2. I'm not 15, I pay somebody to file my tax, the driver's license is literally 1 trip to the RTA - you present them with your change of name certificate, pay $25 and they give you a new license -, I already have a mortgage and I certainly don't see myself leaving my current position and going back to school and even if I did, I could afford to not have to get a loan for it.

I don't want to sound rude but I have definitely answered the same/similiar concerns about 5 times over already.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
geez, pay no mind to those leagues of judgemental naysayers. i'll vote 1. mithos yggdrasill, 2. siefer almasy.