Changing my name (Yes I'm serious)

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
Calibanbutcher said:
1. Legato Kaiba
2. Siefer Almasy.

I wouldn't go for anything "Darth" or "prince-y" and Yggdrasil is just a tad too much...
Yep that is my stance...

CloudAtlas

Mar 16, 2013
Don't do it mate. There are so many ways to express one's love for some game or something, for god's sake, aren't they enough?

I don't know man, but I'd have a hard time taking someone I just met seriously who names himself like that...

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
You should go with Prince Vegeta, then in a few years time if you get fed up with it being named after a cartoon character, you can change your name to a random symbol and be known as The Regional Manager Formerly Known As Prince Vegeta.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
You could call yourself Darth-Soul-Eater-Death-Note-Sephiroth and I don't think anyone would care at this point.
*shrug* Do watcha want as long as it doesn't invoke mod wrath.

Shock and Awe

Winter is Coming
Sep 6, 2008
albino boo said:
I would advise against changing your name to something from that list. There is a very real risk of making yourself unemployable, any job application with those names on it will look like a joke and be filed in the bin. Also any hope of finding members of whatever you sex you are attracted to with name is somewhere around zero with those names.
Pretty much this, doing this would be utterly idiotic and will only bite you in the ass.

Vareoth

Mar 14, 2012
Is James Sunderland not good enough for you?

That way you'll still be named after a video game character but you'll also be able to live a full and happy life.

(That last part was a joke)

Edit: Oh yea, I vote for Seifer Almasy. It hasn't got a title like Darth or Prince in it and it sounds the least weird from all of the five choices.

LittleWings

May 17, 2010
Whatislove said:
The love life thing is mildly comical to me because I think any girl that I get close enough to would have already had to overcome all the Video games, Anime and pop culture tattoos which are in very visible areas and I doubt also having a video game or anime name would be the deal breaker.

Not to mention I could still just use my old name in those situations IF it really came down to it.
See, the problem I have with this is that a girl probably wont get close enough to you if you have that name. It makes sense that it wouldn't be as much of an issue if you were in a serious relationship and you had discussed it but can you imagine seeing a girl you like, going up to her and saying "Hi, my name is_____"? Cause I can't. What I'm trying to say is getting to the point with a girl when she will accept any weird thing about you is hindered by the fact that she needs to have know the weird thing about you from the day you meet her. Having said that (and without wishing to be offensive) if you're covered in tattoos then I suppose it takes a certain type anyway...

But whatever. Personally I think Vegeta Prince sounds kinda cool, and cooler than Prince Vegeta, but I agree that the best one is whichever you can make sound the least... Video game/Nerd fanboy-y

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Jamash said:
You should go with Prince Vegeta, then in a few years time if you get fed up with it being named after a cartoon character, you can change your name to a random symbol and be known as The Regional Manager Formerly Known As Prince Vegeta.
Oh, this is excellent. You gain an informal internet for this post!

NearLifeExperience

Oct 21, 2012
Daystar Clarion said:
You're shitting me right?

There's no way this is for real...

Right guys?

Right?

Prince Vegeta?

Really?

Ygg-fucking-drasill?!

You'd name yourself after the tree of life?

Agreed. This must be some joke, you can not be serious! Prince Vegeta!? What if you like, you know, grow up? You'll regret this.

Edit: Just skimmed through the thread a bit, and there are people actually supporting this idea? What the shit, internet.

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
Whatislove said:
Vegeta means the most to me of all the names, I first saw dragonball z when I was about 7 and I have obsessed over the character Vegeta for the last 15 years, My apartment is a venerable shrine to vegeta, I have over 500 items between all memorabilia, posters, figures, statues, models, cards, collectables and promo stuff that include vegeta. My entire left forearm is covered by a Vegeta tattoo with others including the saiyan royal symbols on other parts of my body.
For this reason right here, I would seriously advise against Prince Vegeta.
If I met a guy named vegeta, I'd find it wierd but whatever I'd judge him by actions/conversation.
If I met a guy named vegeta, ended up hanging out at his place and found "500 items...that include vegeta", I'd be running for the hills. Its just too much, in my opinion.

No opinions on the rest. Honestly, this doesn't really strike me as the best of ideas, but if its what you want then have at it, I guess.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Seifer Almasy. You won't feel as silly when you're filling out medical forms or job applications or... anything requiring you to actually write out your name. I would advise against the whole thing however. My name is unusual and I've come to accept it.

gideonkain

Nov 12, 2010
This sounds ridiculous...my guess is your turning 18 years old and think you're a fully fleshed out person...why don't you get one video game tattoo and see how that goes.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
gideonkain said:
This sounds ridiculous...my guess is your turning 18 years old and think you're a fully fleshed out person...why don't you get one video game tattoo and see how that goes.
He says he already has an entire arm tattoo of Vegeta among others.

Steve Dark

Oct 23, 2008
Seifer Almasy. It's cool and geeky, but Mr, Almasy could pass for a genuine surname if circumstance calls for Serious Business.

Plus if you ever have kids or a wife they won't be doomed to have to play a children's card game before they can destroy the world. Or screw the rules because they have money. Or MIND CRUSH. Or.. ok I'm done.

Zyntoxic

May 9, 2011
Do as you wish, whatever name you feel comfortable with is a good name.

one of the most loyal customers to the store I work in changed his name to "Spiderman".
It's awesome when you have to call him and remind him that a game he has pre-ordered has arrived and ask "Have I reached Spiderman?" makes my day every time ^____^

OT: I really don't know which I would say is the best/worst name so I'me gone leave it up to you to make that choice for yourself, probably best that way as well

rasputin0009

Feb 12, 2013
I'm double voting for Kaiba.

"Can he do that?"

I just did.

But seriously, this reeks of self-esteem issues. If you're going to do narcissism, do it right. Get a statue built with your likeness and erect it in the middle of a public place. Or you can go the Blue-Eyes White Dragon route. Just put statues of the Blue Eyes White Dragon everywhere. That's what Kaiba would do. Kaiba would also blindly deny anything supernatural happening around him, even when it would punch him in the face. He'd also try to settle every problem with a children's card game. And then he'd yell for Mokuba. Or say he doesn't need anybody other than himself.

Where am I going with this?

Oh, right. I'm mocking you. Just a teensy bit.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Change it to Trash Boat, then you'll get into a fight with a time traveling rock and roll has been named The Urge, who's upset that your name has taken all of his fame.

Feb 22, 2009
How about, instead of any of those, you just go with Batman?

Couldn't be any sillier.

ccdohl said:
Related question, how do you pronounce Yggdrasil? I'd say go with number 5, unless you can't pronounce it.
ig-dra-sil