Channel 4 Pumps Cash Into A.P.B. Dev's Home Town

WolfLordAndy

Sep 19, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
People may scoff but Channel 4 has done some stirling work in incorporating games into the mainstream media. Actually Channel 4, in general, has done some stirling work in the media.

Yeah, there have been atrocities like Shoddyoaks, Network 7/The Word (look it up ;)) and, of course, BITS...

snip

Yeah...well...you did know the Booth actually wrote this as well...
She's...enthusiastic about her work.
Hell, I'd sit and watch Emily Booth talk about games...

But on a more serious note, I'd like to see more programs like Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe (BBC) as it was really a nice look at not so much the games, but the games industry, what goes on behind them, how they're made, what makes a good game, what makes a bad game, what is retro? etc.

I think if the wider public knew a bit more about the whole culture of computergames then maybe they'd be less steriotypical against them understand them a bit more, and have a bit more of a real discussion argument for/against things like 2nd hand games, violence, age ratings, etc.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats rather charitable of them? Will it be enough to help though is the question...I got a bad feeling...

Feb 13, 2008
OceanRunner said:
Bits was great. It showed that girl gamers are every bit as enthusiastic about gaming as guys.
Yeah, but in general, the girl gamers haven't been given many 'positive' 'stereotypes', have they?

Then again, look what we get...

clairedelune

Oct 9, 2006
I'm about to go to St. Andrews for school! Right next to Dundee. I wasn't aware that it was so large.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:
Oh wow. The people who love controversy have decided to donate money to the gaming world, just when the Tax breaks are being talked and argued about, and Realtime Worlds is actually hot on the list of being affected by this? My god, this is juicy.

Calumon: Hey, they show TNETENNBA's to people!

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: Hey, they show TNETENNBA's to people!
I came here to kick arse and drink some milk. And I've just finished my milk.

OT: What the fuck are they going to make out of their programs? I dread to think what atrocities are going to show up. Still, it's nice of them.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Looks like this mostly doesn't involve RTW but it might open up a few positions for game developers.