Character that should have lasted longer

AsurasEyes

Sep 12, 2012
I remember when I first watched Hellsing Ultimate from start to finish. I had nothing better to do for the day and my friend loved the series, so I sat down to watch it. I made a garbage bag's worth of popcorn, with a two liter of soda, and turned it on. By the nightfall, I wanted to kill myself for wasting my time with this fucking series that was only mediocre at best and made me root for the fucking Nazis rather than the main characters. But, in OVA II there was someone who stole my heart. A man who rode in on a horse made of swear words and dual wielding a pair of modified P90s. His name was Jan Valentine. He was badass in every sense of the word, reciting the Konami Code while he gunned his foes down, leading an army of ghouls to destroy Helsing, adorned with piercings that would make the most hardcore man alive shrink in fear, and dying as he lived; swearing and laughing while he mocked his foes at the end of the OVA. It was only 48 minutes I knew him, yet I felt as if he had stolen my heart and wanted more. He will truly be missed.

Who did you absolutely love in a series or game who died far too soon?

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
The Red Viper of Dorne. Hotheaded bisexual Dornishman who sired only bastard daughters and was a master of poisons. When he fought Gregor Clegane, depsite knowing it wouldn't end well, I couldn't help but want him to win so badly.

Nov 28, 2007
Wolfwood. I know he lasted most of the series, but he shouldn't have died at all! Also, Legato made a better villain than Knives, and should have been the final confrontation.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Talk about other characters all you want, no one can touch Colonel Hughes.
http://static.zerochan.net/Demotivational.Poster.full.1067743.jpg

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
I missed Admiral Zhao (Chao, Shao, Xhao?) from Avatar TLA. He was an absolutely perfect villain in terms of the show's moral/theme being balance of the self and world.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Everyone knows ME3 should have really ended with Thane doing his lithe gymnastic assassinations on all of the Reapers. It would have been the greatest of all montages.

Imthatguy

Sep 11, 2009
Kane from C&C. Hes not really dead but EA did right him out of the Tiberium verse (Kinda shot themselves in the foot too) without answering exactly what he is...

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Speaking of Hellsing, I loved Rip Van Winkle. Loved! Unlike Jan Valentine, she had to fight Alucard himself. Now, Alucard is one of my favorite anti-heroes, but that's the one thing I'll never forgive him for.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
Anthony Carmine from Gears of War.

He just seemed so well developed and awesome, not at all like some moronic Redshirt that only existed to add tension to the story. I can't believe they just killed him off like that. What a twist!

Ytomyth

Nov 13, 2011
Whilst most of them didn't die, they still should've lasted longer: Derrial Book, Jayne Cobb, Kaylee Frye, Inara Serra, Simon and River Tam, Hoban and Zoey Washburne aaaand...that's everyone. Just kidding, Mal too o/c.

Kicking down an opened door is fun. =D

Tisamon; he died beautifully and 'in tune' with the story but dang...would've liked to still read more about him being awesome 'n' stuff. :p

Rip Van Rabbit

~ UNLIMITED RULEBOOK ~
Apr 17, 2012
excalipoor said:
Speaking of Hellsing, I loved Rip Van Winkle. Loved! Unlike Jan Valentine, she had to fight Alucard himself. Now, Alucard is one of my favorite anti-heroes, but that's the one thing I'll never forgive him for.
Absolutely agree with this. Rip Van Winkle (See my username with a slightly cuter alteration) and Alucard will always be my favourite characters in the Hellsing OVA's.

Rip Van Winkle caught my heart when she started to sing "Der Freischütz" cheerily aboard a nazi vessel, whilst dancing with her rifle. She's whimsical, sympathetic and her death comes across as tragic. Despite being on the "evil" side, I was secretly rooting for her the first time, although anybody faced with Alucard is going to get their ass handed to them. :D

000Ronald

Mar 7, 2008
Say what you will, but The Grasshopper was and still is my favorite member of The Great Lakes Avengers. Shame he died the way he did.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
The walking dead game. He will forever be missed like the greatest, lovable character in the game.
Doug, OH GOD WHY!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
thebobmaster said:
Wolfwood. I know he lasted most of the series, but he shouldn't have died at all! Also, Legato made a better villain than Knives, and should have been the final confrontation.
I agree with this 100%

---

Allow me to recycle a post I used way back (ie: 3 or 4 days ago) in a thread about villains:

Because he's fucking SNOWFLAME! Apparently he died in the comic which introduced him (New Guardians...number 2 or 3 I think). He's a super-villain completely powered by Cocain. I can understand wanting him out of the way but you don't kill off a wildcard like that! Hell, he could have easily been another flavor of Deadpool if he was allowed to live on a little longer.

Jan 13, 2012
Shocksplicer said:
Anthony Carmine from Gears of War.

He just seemed so well developed and awesome, not at all like some moronic Redshirt that only existed to add tension to the story. I can't believe they just killed him off like that. What a twist!
Let's not forget his brother, Benjamin, as well. They did exactly the same thing.

OT: Nihlus from ME1. They made him out to be this important character until he died in the first five minutes of the game!