Chasing Planes

Encaen

May 6, 2005
Chasing Planes

Playing around with "Night of the Ninjas" from Planechase 2012 Edition.

Read Full Article

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
I just found my old planechase cards, so this could get interesting in fact. Too bad I'm missing one of the decks.

Encaen

May 6, 2005
vxicepickxv said:
I just found my old planechase cards, so this could get interesting in fact. Too bad I'm missing one of the decks.
Out of curiosity, which of the decks did you prefer? Sounds like you probably saw all of them in action.

Having looked back at the old decklists, I get the feeling that the new decks are a bit ahead of the curve on power level, especially given the [mtg_card=Bloodbraid Elf] and friends in the Cascade deck and, of course, Ninjas!

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Encaen said:
vxicepickxv said:
Out of curiosity, which of the decks did you prefer? Sounds like you probably saw all of them in action.

Having looked back at the old decklists, I get the feeling that the new decks are a bit ahead of the curve on power level, especially given the [mtg_card=Bloodbraid Elf] and friends in the Cascade deck and, of course, Ninjas!
Basically, they were pretty much average decks, but the planechase planes were better cards, and you can use those very effectively with any better deck you build around your planes.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
I think the best way to play the casual formats is with your draft decks after the draft is over because it's always different and the guy who has to win everything forever doesn't build some ignorant deck that stomps everyone every time.

Death-Jester

Aug 19, 2009
An old playgroup got in on the first round of planeschase decks and I liked them though the decks felt a little unbalanced. I played the R/W one and loved it but I've always felt it was stronger than the Artifact and R/G one (than there were zombies, we all hated the zombies guy). Soon the R/G player refused to play planeschase because he felt he was too disadvantaged (and the games took alot longer than we were used to). I thought about getting one of the new decks but wasn't sure how balanced the decks would be this time.