Cheap games that are worth it?

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
Daniel Armstrong said:
Yeah I've had Serious Sam for both PC and Xbox, is Silent Hill: Homecoming good for Xbox 360.
See my above post: I liked it. Wasn't the best in the series by any stretch, but i had a lot of fun with it for a low price.

TimeComando

May 25, 2011
So far I've thought about; Far cry 2, Fifa 10, Halo Wars, Hitman Bloodmoney, Darksiders, SC: Conviction

Rethink Halo wars! I mean rethink putting it on your list. as in don't buy it sucks.

BodomBeachChild

Nov 12, 2009
Almost anything from the Steam daily deals or the $10 and under catagory are a nice catch. Universe Sandbox is amazing fun for just 10 buckaroos.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
The Wykydtron said:
Deadly Premonition, for having the weirdest plot, music and characters i've seen for a while, while still being really cheap
Yes. This. I bought it just recently and it is really fun and awesome.

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
If you're into heavy metal music you might like Brutal Legend. It's an action-adventure/RTS hybrid with Jack Black voicing the main character. $13 used and $20 new.

Bioshock was a great game. $10 used.

If you're into zombies, Dead Rising. $10 used.

My daughter and I have fun playing the Lego games as well. The older ones (Indiana Jones, Star Wars, and Batman) are all under $10 used.

Sep 4, 2009
Daniel Armstrong said:
I've recently purchased Mortal Kombat 9 and after playing it and getting bored of it I've decided to trade it in to buy some cheap old titles for Xbox 360.

Could anyone recommend some good cheap titles (prefer more than 2)with a budget of £20-25, I'm a fan of any genre and at the moment I have a serious lack of games; RB6:V2, GOW, GOW2, COD4, MW2, BOPS, FIFA11

Thanks
eBay.

Buy a second hand console with a ton of games for less than the price of EA sport: Updated to match calendar annual offering. Play the greatest games you currently can't because the market only wants to sell sequels bleeding edge graphic demos with cut and pasted gameplay.

Yes I'm exaggerating.
But eBay is still a great idea.

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
Daniel Armstrong said:
United Kingdom
Mortal Kombat 9 (Xbox 360)
GAME (trade in range for a new title in the charts is £20-25)

So far I've thought about; Far cry 2, Fifa 10, Halo Wars, Hitman Bloodmoney, Darksiders, SC: Conviction

Obviously I'm not getting all of them but I'm considering some of these.
Farcry 2 is pretty good, even if some people complain about it and SC: Conviction is especially good if you can play the co op campaign with someone :)
And as for other games, well, I'd say something like Bioshock or Red Faction: Guerrilla are only about £10 nowadays and both are quite long and very enjoyable!

TehKnifeh

Custard Connoisseur
Dec 26, 2008
personally I would say Batman: Arkham Asylum. I orignially didnt play is "its a superhero game therefore crap" but crucially its NOT a movie tie in game. One of the best games I played last year, very good combat and story line.

Currently £10 on play.com but prob can pick it up from £10-15 retail depending if you can wait or not.

irtaco

Dec 2, 2009
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. It's like 20 USD. It was fun. At least, I thought it was.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Daniel Armstrong said:
I've recently purchased Mortal Kombat 9 and after playing it and getting bored of it I've decided to trade it in to buy some cheap old titles for Xbox 360.

Could anyone recommend some good cheap titles (prefer more than 2)with a budget of £20-25, I'm a fan of any genre and at the moment I have a serious lack of games; RB6:V2, GOW, GOW2, COD4, MW2, BOPS, FIFA11

Thanks
You gotta get Battletoads! If you get all the unlockables you can play as Samus topless.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
The Saboteur.

It really shines as a good game in my mind.

Yes, it is unpolished, but beyond that, the voice acting is funny.
I got it new for $20 about a year ago, and from the looks of it, the going price is around $15.

If you can look past a few flaws, it really is a great game.
PS: Also, if you are over 18 you can get DLC for nudity. It comes with it free if you buy new.

Snake Plissken

Jul 30, 2010
intheweeds said:
I am in this position quite a bit it seems. The problem with recommending a cheap game is idk whats in your local bin. See what's there and grab the most interesting thing to you. I had a lot of fun with Silent Hill: Homecoming for under 5 Canadian. Not the greatest game ever, but way more than 5 bucks worth of fun. I felt i got a good deal.

P.S. Everyone - his post, it speaks of the 360. No steam on there. Beyond Good and Evil is EPIC, but not on 360.
Uhhh...lolwut?

Beyond Good and Evil IS on the 360. It was released on the XBLA some time ago.

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
Snake Plissken said:
intheweeds said:
I am in this position quite a bit it seems. The problem with recommending a cheap game is idk whats in your local bin. See what's there and grab the most interesting thing to you. I had a lot of fun with Silent Hill: Homecoming for under 5 Canadian. Not the greatest game ever, but way more than 5 bucks worth of fun. I felt i got a good deal.

P.S. Everyone - his post, it speaks of the 360. No steam on there. Beyond Good and Evil is EPIC, but not on 360.
Uhhh...lolwut?

Beyond Good and Evil IS on the 360. It was released on the XBLA some time ago.
REALLY?! i didn't know that, and will be downloading it soon. ty for the tip :)