Cheapest Boss Attack?

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
I know this thread has been done before but I haven't seen it recently so THREAD REMAKE TIME!

I thought this today while playing Persona 3, I encountered a boss or something of that sort called The Reaper, within half a second I was at the "You died, reload from a save you made 2 hours ago?" screen.

Discussion Value: Have you ever fought a boss with an EXTREMELY cheap attack? I challange you to find a move cheaper than The Reaper's, his move is a 1 hit-kill, impossible to dodge, unblockable, shot.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Impossible to dodge? I don't remember that move.

OT:Skip to 10:23.
Also, pretty much every other attack can count, especially Mamudoon.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Grayjack said:

It's called Mudoom, seriously, it was OVER TWO HOURS SINCE I LAST SAVED. I beat 4 bosses and went up 25 rooms in that tower and I lost ALL OF IT because of some stupid boss.

scrambledeggs

Aug 17, 2009
Judgement101 said:
Grayjack said:

It's called Mudoom, seriously, it was OVER TWO HOURS SINCE I LAST SAVED. I beat 4 bosses and went up 25 rooms in that tower and I lost ALL OF IT because of some stupid boss.
Why didn't you save more?

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
scrambledeggs said:
Judgement101 said:
Grayjack said:

I'd have to go back to the dorms and that instantly makes it night time so I would have to give up literally all of my day for one save. Also, I was grinding my character up and it gave me no warning that a godly boss was near-by.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Judgement101 said:
Mudoon can be blocked. Also, you should save after every boss. I always do. Oh, and The Reaper appears after you've been on a floor for more then a few minutes. If Fuuka says something like "I sense Death!", run. Sacrifice your party members if you have to. Don't attempt to fight him until you're at least level 75.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Judgement101 said:
I'd have to go back to the dorms and that instantly makes it night time so I would have to give up literally all of my day for one save. Also, I was grinding my character up and it gave me no warning that a godly boss was near-by.[/quote]
Can't you save on the first floor of Tartarus?

Tsuillo

Sep 5, 2009
intentionally so: FFVI, Leo Vs. Kefka. Leo's clearly a badass, it's been established, and he does more damage than anyone in your party to that point. No worry about mana, no wierd charge and wait moves, just raw sweet sweet all hitting damage. But Kefka trounces him with crazy moves that he just made up!

Unintentionally so: Street Fighter 2 turbo.. M. Bison and his slide. It's un-defeat-able.

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010

This isn't really that cheap, more like just plain impossible with difficulty. This being said however, at least you have lives in this game. Rather than starting the whole thing over again 2 hours earlier.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Grayjack said:
Judgement101 said:
I'd have to go back to the dorms and that instantly makes it night time so I would have to give up literally all of my day for one save. Also, I was grinding my character up and it gave me no warning that a godly boss was near-by.
Can't you save on the first floor of Tartarus?[/quote]Technically yes but by,ironically enough, it was when I was heading back to the teleport thing that Death flew around a corner and I got sucked into battle.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Grayjack said:
Judgement101 said:
Mudoon can be blocked. Also, you should save after every boss. I always do. Oh, and The Reaper appears after you've been on a floor for more then a few minutes. If Fuuka says something like "I sense Death!", run. Sacrifice your party members if you have to. Don't attempt to fight him until you're at least level 75.
Issue one: I don't have Fuuka yet, I'm at the part where I get her but the Emperor and Emperess keep killing me. Issue two: That idiot girl you start with never gave me a damn warning.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Everything the final boss of Ikaruga does:

The final boss starts around 1:10.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Judgement101 said:
Issue one: I don't have Fuuka yet, I'm at the part where I get her but the Emperor and Emperess keep killing me. Issue two: That idiot girl you start with never gave me a damn warning.[/quote]Which version are you playing? In FES, Mitsuru does warn you.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Jewrean said:

This isn't really that cheap, more like just plain impossible with difficulty. This being said however, at least you have lives in this game. Rather than starting the whole thing over again 2 hours earlier.
Bullet Hell bosses are always insanely difficult for no better reason than "For shits and giggles."

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
Grayjack said:
Judgement101 said:
Issue one: I don't have Fuuka yet, I'm at the part where I get her but the Emperor and Emperess keep killing me. Issue two: That idiot girl you start with never gave me a damn warning.
Which version are you playing? In FES, Mitsuru does warn you.[/quote]Well she did say "I sense a powerful presences, it must be Death." I thought she meant it metaphorically......

Durxom

May 12, 2009
I'm going to rage if anyone says anything about Seth from Street Fighter 4..

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
The final boss on the tank in Dead Rising. The only way to beat him is to be completely cheap in return and you have to play through the tank section every single time you lose.